how can you play with 4 fingers (of the right hand, obviously)?
mostly i use 3 fingers, but i cant play with 4. How can i learn how to do it well?
by the way, ive been playin for 2 years
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
the first question you need to ask yourself... can you do everything you need/want to do with 2 or 3...
look around on the net, and look for players that use only 2 or 3...see what they're doing. then decide...
I liken it to this scenario...why buy a 12 string if you havent mastered a 4 string?

~Roger

EDIT...but if you HAVE mastered 3 fingers. by all means!
the answer to your question...is always this...practice my friend, practice.
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
You don't actually need to play with 4 fingers, 2 is enough for me and sometimes I use my ring finger.

BTW, cheers to finger players!!
Quote by RogerBeam
the first question you need to ask yourself... can you do everything you need/want to do with 2 or 3...
look around on the net, and look for players that use only 2 or 3...see what they're doing. then decide...
I liken it to this scenario...why buy a 12 string if you havent mastered a 4 string?

~Roger

EDIT...but if you HAVE mastered 3 fingers. by all means!
the answer to your question...is always this...practice my friend, practice.

i can play well with 2-3 fingers, but with 4 i'll get more speed. I play thrash metal, and i really weaken up after playing a few songs
im a finger player

It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
I've got to show more people my technique...
I guarantee with practice you can play faster with 2 fingers than 4.

I stand by the 4 is not needed rule.

~Roger
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
Just try some simpel grooves with simple rythm, start slowly (with a metronome) and increase the speed slowly but sure.
Quote by ape_lord
why "the right hand obviously"?

what about left handed players?

c'mon, most of the bassist are right handed...
by standard, ppl say right hand...
im a finger player

i cant do it with 4 either. I broke my pinky when i was a child so its really short compared to the rest of my fingers.