Hey, does anyone knows which bass does Steve Harris (Iron MAiden bassist) use?
i heard it's a fender precision bass, but which model?
also, i've heard there's a signature model...
does anyone know something about it?
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
A self-taught bass player, Harris' first bass was a copy of a Fender Precision Bass that cost him about £40 when he was 17 years old. He went on to use a signature Lado "Unicorn" model and a late 1950s Fender Precision with RotoSound strings. He now uses his own signature RotoSound flatwound bass strings. This is surprising because flatwound strings do not sound clanky and bright. In fact, Steve's signature clanky bass tone comes from the metallic noise of the strings hitting the frets.

www.wikipedia.com for all questions about anything. if not...
www.google.com
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
Quote by RogerBeam
A self-taught bass player, Harris' first bass was a copy of a Fender Precision Bass that cost him about £40 when he was 17 years old. He went on to use a signature Lado "Unicorn" model and a late 1950s Fender Precision with RotoSound strings. He now uses his own signature RotoSound flatwound bass strings. This is surprising because flatwound strings do not sound clanky and bright. In fact, Steve's signature clanky bass tone comes from the metallic noise of the strings hitting the frets.

www.wikipedia.com for all questions about anything. if not...
www.google.com

ok, but which bass is he using NOW?
anyway,i already looked on wiki and google, but i didnt find it
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
He's using the Fender P. And the signature bass is really hard to find, aparrently it was outselling the american P's, so it was taken down. I'd love one personally.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I found this on a TalkBass forum from 2004

"""Steve currently uses is a Fender P which is modded like his sig.(bad-ass2 bridge, duncan quarter pound pickups, and rotosound flatwounds and acrylic mirror pickguard) That white bass with black trim around the body is actually the same bass you seen him with in many other pics from the past...Steve himself said on Maiden.com how he has just refinnished it several times. It is also that same 'Royal blue or Lake Placid Blue' bass you seen. Its just been refinnished.
Steve has also been known to use Lado and Ibanez basses in the late 70's to early 80's before starting to use P's exclusively.(The Lado is probally the one without the pickguard)
The Steve Harris sig bass was discontinued a while back and can no longer be ordered"""
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
Quote by jbar75
Does anyone know which model he's playing in this video? It looks like an Ibanez, but I'm not sure...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk

Its a P-bass.

Really, modding a P bass to his specs wouldn't be that hard. Just get a MIA maple neck one and put in quarter pounders. And the BAII if it doesn't have it already.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I figure it would be easier than making a new thread.
what is his rig now? I have all the specs from his world slavery setup in '85, but he's obviously changed it.
Say, in this video here (warning, MASSIVE tone)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gsbhhr5A6tA
What's his tone setup, too? I hear it's lots of low end and his aggressice stlye that creates the tone, but not much else. EQ-wise, what is it?
Lol, this one comes up once in a while on Fender's own forums. You think they'd take notice and reissue the bloody thing. If you really wanna make your own, it needs a West Ham FC sticker on it, as well as the reddish mirror scratchplate.
Lovely bass, also sounds good thro a Hiwatt, which he used to use.