DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
This thread belongs in the Classic Rock Forum
Any way I'm not gonna b*tch about that, I'm not an admin
Some songs i can recommend are I'm so glad, White Room, Sunshine of your love (ofcourse), outside woman blues and crossroads.

^ No don't start with Disraeli Gears, the only good songs on that one are sunshine of your love and outside woman blues, and it gets a bit annoying to hear that sunshine riff for the gazillionth time
I sold my soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Quote by CSguitarvocal
you've just proven that you're the most ignorant fuck on this website...

Thank you
Quote by darknessfan
Whenever I sit down to play guitar, I always need to pee in like 3 minutes. Is this weird?

Owned
Last edited by lead_zeppelin at Sep 14, 2006,
Quote by lead_zeppelin
This thread belongs in the Classic Rock Forum
Any way I'm not gonna b*tch about that, I'm not an admin
Some songs i can recommend are I'm so glad, White Room, Sunshine of your love (ofcourse), outside woman blues and crossroads.

^ No don't start with Disraeli Gears, the only good songs on that one are sunshine of your love and outside woman blues, and it gets a bit annoying to hear that sunshine riff for the gazillionth time

Dude, for real?

Strange Brew, Sunshine Of Your Love, Outside Woman Blues, SWABLR, Tales Of Brave Ullyses (sp?) and World Of Pain are all fucking great songs. That's like half the album. Take It Back is pretty good too, and Mother's Lament is just awesome in a comedic way. Blue Condition, Dance The Night Away and We're Going Wrong are really the only not so good tracks on the Disraeli Gears, and even they're pretty good.

So in short, yes, buy Disraeli Gears. And this could've gone either here or Classic Rock - they fit in both really.
Dude, for real?

Strange Brew, Sunshine Of Your Love, Outside Woman Blues, SWABLR, Tales Of Brave Ullyses (sp?) and World Of Pain are all fucking great songs. That's like half the album. Take It Back is pretty good too, and Mother's Lament is just awesome in a comedic way. Blue Condition, Dance The Night Away and We're Going Wrong are really the only not so good tracks on the Disraeli Gears, and even they're pretty good.

So in short, yes, buy Disraeli Gears. And this could've gone either here or Classic Rock - they fit in both really.

Nah, he should start with a live album IMO, they're so much better live.
I sold my soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Quote by CSguitarvocal
you've just proven that you're the most ignorant fuck on this website...

Thank you
Quote by darknessfan
Whenever I sit down to play guitar, I always need to pee in like 3 minutes. Is this weird?

Owned
Quote by ledhed68
i would get their reunion album/dvd first

Agreed.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
wheels of fire is a good album, half live and half studio so you get the best of both worlds.

the reunion dvd/cd takes some beating also.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Well for songs:

Tales of Brave Ulysses, White Room, I Feel Free, Sunshine of Your Love, and Strange Brew are some good songs to start with, I dont know what album there all on but I think that Disraeli Gears and Fresh Cream pretty much covers it.

And O yea a question bout Cream: Did they do After Midnight or Blues Power or were those both Clapton's?

EDIT: Wait I think White Room is on Wheels of Fire. Basicaly, buy Disraeli Gears.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by Punk Rocker
Well for songs:

Tales of Brave Ulysses, White Room, I Feel Free, Sunshine of Your Love, and Strange Brew are some good songs to start with, I dont know what album there all on but I think that Disraeli Gears and Fresh Cream pretty much covers it.

And O yea a question bout Cream: Did they do After Midnight or Blues Power or were those both Clapton's?

EDIT: Wait I think White Room is on Wheels of Fire. Basicaly, buy Disraeli Gears.

After Midnight was written by J.J. Cale and was performed during his solo career. So was Blues Power. Still great songs though.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by Punk Rocker

Those two songs appeared on Eric Clapton's self-titled solo album.

I'd get the BBC sessions really. Politician is SOOO groovy...
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Quote by StuartR
I don't like Cream....

Clapton was much better with John Mayall IMO.

I like Cream better but to each his own. Though I do love John Mayall am I the only one that hated Clapton's guitar tone? I didnt like it in Derek and the Dominoes either, too trebbly. But his actual playing was still incredible.

Phish - Waste
Definately Crossroads. The second solo in that song will make you **** your pants. I love Clapton. Although it's strange he said this:

"I have about zero tolerance for most of my old material-especially 'Crossroads.' The popularity of that song with Cream has always been mystifying to me. I don't think it's very good"
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Definately Crossroads. The second solo in that song will make you **** your pants. I love Clapton. Although it's strange he said this:

"I have about zero tolerance for most of my old material-especially 'Crossroads.' The popularity of that song with Cream has always been mystifying to me. I don't think it's very good"

Thats strange. Most people I know prefer his older work.

Phish - Waste