Alright, I was originally stuck on the DSL, and I was against Peavey amps (cause I hate my friends, and I used to have one and it sucked), but I had never played the XXX or 5150/6505. So I decided that maybe I should look into some other heads.

So, I play metal, some punk/hardcore (not all that much, just a bit of rise against), very little classic rock and some other random stuff (the odd weird song like Rebel Yell :P). But Im looking for an amp that will give me that bone crushing distortion sound, with great leads, but one that's not only limited to that. An amp that the gain can be turned down for those odd songs I play (like the odd classic rock and such). Im looking into a half stack, I will be gigging, and my band plays a lot, so dont say "You dont need a half stack".

My MAIN concern is its tone at loud volumes. My current amp sounds horrible when its loud (well its SS and im using a crap distortion pedal). But i want a CLEAR distortion, one that still distinguishes what im playing.

Ive narrowed it down to:
Peavey XXX < Ive heard great stuff about this, sounds like a decent amp.
Peavey 6505+ < Theres one at my local shop, which ill be playing tomorrow, and sorry, im not buying a used 5150, im not an EBay guy.
Marshall DSL50 < Played it, but Im not sure if it will give me the complete metal tone im looking for, but I do like it
Marshall TSL60 < Also at my local shop, gunna play tomorrow, never played it though, but it sounds like a decent amp.

Which do you think would suit my needs the most? And also what cab would suit it well, nothing too expensive though. For transportation reasons (FOR NOW) I was looking at that Marshall 2x12 cab, Is this a decent cab?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Last edited by JesseIbanez at Sep 14, 2006,
Uh, dont mean to double post, but anyone? Lol.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
For your tastes. XXX or 6505+. The 6505+ will sound a lot darker because it really focuses on the low-midrange. The XXX will sound a lot brighter because it's upper mid-range and highs come through a lot. A lot of people say the XXX is sterile, but it sounded fine when I played on it so IDK.

Id say go for the 6505+ if you want to focus more on heavy, darker stuff. But the XXX if you want to have a little more veriety.

It all comes down to you playing both and deciding for yourself though.