Page 2 of 2
Glen Tipton from Judas Priest started playing at 20 or 21, I believe.
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
If you're prepared to put in the practice then it doesn't matter what age you start. The only thing is most teenagers not only have the time but the motivation (mainly to impress girls and stuff like that) to practice all day every day. When you have a full time job it can be a lot harder, but not impossible it you really dedicate yourself to it.

Also it depends what you want to do. If you want to shred then that'll take a bit longer. If you want to become a songwriter it wouldn't take you long to learn all the chords and scales that you need.
Its just playing guitar out of passion,Music shouldnt just be about money and getting famous its doing it becuz u love it, i know i started late but every time i pick up my guitar i play it like its my last time-Famous words by Eric Clapton
Johnny Ramone was 25 I believe when he started
Now he may not be the most amazing guitarist in terms of skill,but look at his impact on music.Age makes no difference
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by shakysam
Flea only took up bass in high school I believe.

But he had also been playing trumpet for a number of years so that probably helped.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
John Mayer was learning to play guitar in college
You've changed things... forever. There's no going back. You see, to them, you're just a freak... like me.

SMILES MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER!

Let's put a smile on that face
Quote by Dirk Gently
Wes Montgomery started around 18 or so.

This, and Tal Farlow started around 22
Page 2 of 2