I'm willing to spend the money to print out a guitar body template picture on big poster paper at a print shop, and also the real life sized guitar body's cavities, and also the neck and headstock. if anyone can direct me to any, it would be a big help.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
http://www.guitarbuild.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=5
This site has some templates for guitars and some cavities, but most cavities are totally dependant on the guitar and placing of the brige. To open these files, you need a program called TurboCad LE, and you can get it for free off the net.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
http://www.guitarbuild.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=5
This site has some templates for guitars and some cavities, but most cavities are totally dependant on the guitar and placing of the brige. To open these files, you need a program called TurboCad LE, and you can get it for free off the net.

great, i just need cavities for the back of the guitar now

and also measurements of the depths of the cavities

when i print out those plans(templates) do i print it out on big paper in a print shop or normal paper? But i want it to be a real template :S
Larrivée D-03R
Doing it at home will print it out on a lot of sheets of paper. I just cut them down and sticky taped them together. I then transferred this template onto a piece of ply and made a good template for a guitar
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Doing it at home will print it out on a lot of sheets of paper. I just cut them down and sticky taped them together. I then transferred this template onto a piece of ply and made a good template for a guitar

how did u print it though? i'd think ud have to divide the template into a grid of 8.5 x 11' but how? i use turbo cad 2d
Larrivée D-03R
I just clicked on print and it should say how many pages it will print out on. For my Tele, it's 8 pages
Quote by the_random_hero
I just clicked on print and it should say how many pages it will print out on. For my Tele, it's 8 pages

Everytime i try to print it it keeps saying 100 pages rofl

which program did you use to print it out?
Larrivée D-03R
TurboCad 2D. I finally found the link to download it, it's on the site with the plans under downloads. I've been looking for that for weeks
Quote by the_random_hero
TurboCad 2D. I finally found the link to download it, it's on the site with the plans under downloads. I've been looking for that for weeks

I use the same program, where do you find the number of pages your template will be when its printed?

id guess in File>Menu>Print, but the number of pages printed for the templated isnt in the print setup :S

but when i click print>ok, it says printing on 100 pages, i go wtf
Larrivée D-03R
Last edited by mEtAlORc at Sep 22, 2006,