i read all over the place celestion v30 are the most desireable speakers. what makes them so, and how do the mesa boogie celestion black shadow compare?
Quote by sethp
i read all over the place celestion v30 are the most desireable speakers. what makes them so, and how do the mesa boogie celestion black shadow compare?

i had no clue black shadows were celestion made..
V30s have a midrange 'hump' (essentially a lot of midrange) which makes them cut through better in a band situation.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
black shadows are essentially made cheaper than the real V30, i notice some slight differences and i always custom order my cabs with V30s or just swap them out when i get the unmodified cab
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I heard V30's with Black Shadows sound awesome together.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I suppose it's a matter of taste really, but if the price is any indicator of quality, the V30's go for about £55 here in the UK, and the Alnico Blues (you can get them in some versions of the AC30) go for about £160 each!

I've just swopped the stock speaker in my Laney amp (a Celestion 70 80, not bad, quite warm, though maybe a bit 'vintage' and spluttery for my taste) for a Celestion Century G12 (cost me £80) and it's a big improvement, much better definition, especially at low volumes, smoother OD too. There are clips of it on the Celestion website too:

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/features/tone/index.asp

Another thing I did when I was researching speakers was to use the Alltheweb audio search engine to search for the name of the speaker I was interested in, you don't always turn up anything useful, but here's what it found for "Vintage 30" (some of those links are dead, btw)

http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=mp3&cs=utf8&q=celestion+vintage+30&rys=0&itag=crv
Quote by aznrockerdude
I heard V30's with Black Shadows sound awesome together.

ive never actually tried that, maybe ill give that a whirl
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210