For anyone about to flame me on this, don't. I'm posting this for people to learn how to alternate pick AND palm mute well. I want to help people get better at guitar.

Anyway, listen to the song "Jambi" by Tool. It is the ultimate alternate picking song, as well as good palm muting technique. It's also played in a time signature of 9 as opposed to 4. Se give it a try! It's pretty easy to play. I hope this helps anyone who wants to learn alternate picking or palm muting.

-Montana Rage

Ham Wallet
learn the kill em all album if you wish to be a good alternate picker. but yes, ill look into it.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
learn the kill em all album if you wish to be a good alternate picker. but yes, ill look into it.

Metallica use all down-strokes unless they absoloutely have to.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Quote by SRV101
For anyone about to flame me on this, don't. I'm posting this for people to learn how to alternate pick AND palm mute well. I want to help people get better at guitar.

Anyway, listen to the song "Jambi" by Tool. It is the ultimate alternate picking song, as well as good palm muting technique. It's also played in a time signature of 9 as opposed to 4. Se give it a try! It's pretty easy to play. I hope this helps anyone who wants to learn alternate picking or palm muting.

-Montana Rage

The quick parts of the intro are pull offs, only the open pmed notes are alternate picked. I suppose picking it all would be a good excersise though.
Most guitarists alternate pick anyway, so just learn anything really. And always alternate pick unless That song is meant to be played with down strokes. I learnt to alternate pick with speed and accuracy using the boring descending ascending scale way and a metrenome.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.