I have noticed something with my guitar that I hope is a newbie problem with a quick solution.

When I am playing, I find that the low-E string starts to ring even though it is not being played. It's anoying that when I play the D string, for example, then mute it, but still hear the low-E string ringing.

My guitar is a fairly new Agile AL-3000. Anyone else have this problem? If so what's the solution?

Thanks
Ibanez RG2570E, Epiphone VJH-PP, Celestion V30 Lopo Line 1x12, EHX Metal Muff, Yamaha Magicstomp MKII, Tascam CD-GT1 MKII
Mute it with your left hand thumb, or your right hand palm (depending on what you play)

ex- if you are playing a D chord, hang your thumb over the top. This isnt the "correct classical way to play" but i dont give a $hit about that.

If you are playing a riff on the d and a string, lean the heel of your right palm on the E string so it doesnt vibrate.
Not Enough AssHatery
Last edited by MySweetFracture at Sep 14, 2006,
So this is a common problem and not an issue with my particular guitar? That certainly makes me feel better.

I had an Epiphone Les Paul Special before getting my Agile and I didn't notice this behavior on that guitar - not that I really listened for it on that guitar. I guess it makes sense some sense that this would happen though, since the played string vibrates the body and neck, which in turn transmits some of the vibration to the low-E string.
Ibanez RG2570E, Epiphone VJH-PP, Celestion V30 Lopo Line 1x12, EHX Metal Muff, Yamaha Magicstomp MKII, Tascam CD-GT1 MKII