I mean it's not like they knew that by releasing American Idiot it would give them over 10 million sales. From what I've heard it was kind of a last ditch effort.

Now, I'm not saying I don't like old Green Day more than new, but I can't give the credit where it's not due.
Homophobia, Racism and Sexism are all the secondary fears. You aren't born with secondary fears.
Sorry this is my first post on this site and even though I realize most of you don't even classify Green Day as punk I though this was the right board to mention it on.
Homophobia, Racism and Sexism are all the secondary fears. You aren't born with secondary fears.
Threadstarter, read the forum rules.

No Green Day threads in the Punk Forum
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
uh yes thats why they made about 3 music videos, signed to a major major label, started playing on radio, and went on MTV 24/7
ok the reason they say they sold out is because the music is very different(compare Wake Me up when september ends to Basketcase) and second.... since when is green day "political".. when they first started it was like "too young to know, too stoned to care" and now they're doin a half assed political statement.

o yeah and the make up adds to it a tad.
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
^^^plus they added a political aspect to their songs, even though they could care less about Americas polictical situation as long as they make a heathly profit.