Poll: What's your favorite tuning?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's your favorite tuning?
Standard(e,B,G,D,A,E)
69 58%
Down 1 half step(eb,Bb,Gb,Db,Ab,Eb,)
19 16%
Down 1 whole step(D,A,F,C,G,D)
7 6%
Drop D(e,B,G,D,A,D)
15 13%
Drop Db or C#(eb,Bb,Gb,Db,Ab,Db)
3 3%
Drop C(D,A,F,C,G,C)
6 5%
Drop B(C#,G#,E,B,F#,B)
0 0%
Voters: 119.
Page 1 of 2
#5
E, Eb, D, Db
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
#6
D#G#C#F#A#D#
(E flat in short)
(half a step down if your retarded)
oh and i forgot... Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
drop d......then half a step down....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Sep 14, 2006,
#7
I play mostly in either Drop D or standard tuning. Drop D about 90% of the time, though.
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
#10
D standard & Drop C.. every now and then open D minor.
Member #4 of the "I have parents over 50 and i'm a teen" club, pm tanglewoodguit to join.
#11
Im gunna have to role with Drop D and standard too cause they're the ones i use the most
But Dad, Nick Cannon is hilarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrious
#12
I second the D standard tuning, whoever mentioned it up there. DGCFAD I think it is.

Sounds cool for jazz.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
#14
Standard...
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
#15
Quote by irishmatt1992
retards, yeah I know i posted it high to low, i don't care, don't make a big deal of it, and Drop Db and C# is the same thing!

my fave is Drop Db
Drop Db and C# standard?
#17
Standard, Open G, and on occasion drop b standard half step down (best way to describe that one really)
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!


Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
#20
I leave my electrics tuned down a half step, and my acoustics stay in standard.. I prefer it down a half step tho
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
#22
I voted Drop D 1/2 step down (can't really say it's Drop Db, as Db is the equivalent to C#) or C# standard or whatever you guys and gals call it.
#24
standard all the way
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
#25
Mine is standard D because I play a lot of CoB. My friends is dropped D because he plays a lot of LoG. So its a pain in the ass everytime to tune up just to jam with him. Man I gotta get a new guitar.
#26
Im in Standard C, Standard C half a step, or Dropped A.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
#29
These are not special tunings, what the hell? is metal all you can think of?
my favorite tuning has to be Open Db
...And The Nominees Are
#30
Standard is what i use about 75% of the time, the other 25% is a mixture of Drop D or out of tune

When i get my ibanez I'll use my dean for even lower tunings
#31
Standard E for me babeh!... its take too much time to tune my guitars any diff, i just wanna play it is all..
#32
Standard for me. Drop D as well for a few tunes.
These real low tunings are starting to get boring imho, why not just play a 6 string bass.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
#33
Quote by drop-dead666
Mine is standard D because I play a lot of CoB. My friends is dropped D because he plays a lot of LoG. So its a pain in the ass everytime to tune up just to jam with him. Man I gotta get a new guitar.


dude, love your avatar, i use tight-fite
#39
Yea

Drop C as in standard dropped full step and C on bottom
Drop A!!!!!
DROP E! Standard tuned down WHOLE BLOOODY OCTAVE!!! RAWRRWRWARWARSF
DROP DROP D! Drop D in standard tuned down whole octave

I 'pwnt' you all.
#40
Drop D is usually what I'm in. Either that or standard.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Page 1 of 2