Page 1 of 2
Trans Siberian Orchestra is coming here in December.
I've heard they are awesome.
Any opinions how they are live?
Anyone here seen them?
They fucking own. They have some members of Savatage there.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
I've seen them live twice.

They put on an amazing show, you should love it
My God, it's full of stars!
I saw them live and they were incredible...really cool light show too...the orchestra they play with doesnt tour with them though they just get an orchestra thats near by so i guess the show might depend on how good the orchestra is.
I heard one of their songs synched up to some guy's intense Christmas lights display. It was awesome.

Jacques
I saw them live with my family last year. They're really good, but the guitar is kind of annoying among the string section.
Dickless.
Yeah, I went to their concert last year.

They put on the most f***ing amazing show you've ever seen, the amount of lighting and coordination is ridiculous. On the other hand, the crowd is very diverse, there are some old people there, so there is no standing up and headbanging, mostly you just sit and watch; still very fun though.
Dope band. I always play their songs when it's Christmas.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I saw them last winter. I had no idea who they were but my dad bought my family tickets. It turned out to be a pretty cool show. I would reccomend going.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
I've seen them live every year for the last 5 years (they come into town around mid-November and play for a weekend). I can't go see them this year because I have performances both days they'll be in town this year.

They rock hard.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
They put on one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. A lot of the guitar work is incredible, they put on a great show, and the lights are absolutely insane.

If for no other reason, go for the lighting, it's unbelievable.
They were incredibly badass last year..they do covers of some ZZ Top songs and a couple others and of course, X Mas
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Yes, I brought back a really old thread.

But just for a little update.
I saw them last Friday (December 1st).
They kicked major ass.
I've probably been to about 60+ concerts and they make the top 3.
The light shot was awesome as was the music.
They surprised the hell out of me when they played the Charlie Brown theme and they also played Layla, which was pretty cool.

I would definitely recommend seeing them.
dec 12th at the pepsi center. Me and a buddy are going up to denver. I'll show him the school of music I'm going to at DU and then have dinner at the hard rock cafe.

Then we'll head out for the show, it's gonna be the shit
Goddammit...

*SPOILERS*

Quote by CodeMonk
They surprised the hell out of me when they played the Charlie Brown theme and they also played Layla, which was pretty cool.

I would definitely recommend seeing them.
Thats awesome...they came here, but I had no money so could not see them...I hate being broke but oh well...they will come again. They kick ass, by the way.
I've heard a lot about these guys over the past month and one of my teachers is going to see them. They're supposed to be really good from what I've heard. I need to hear somethign by them now though...haha
Wow didnt know Alex Skolnick was in this group. Oh they came here the same night Killswitch Engage did....I was at the Killswitch show.
Oh man, they are soooooooooooooooooo good... :ast time I saw them they had the guy that was peoples sexiest man alive (name?), did some Kashmir, La Grange, Layla, and Stairway. They are fucking amazing.
I went and saw them last night for the 3rd time. I sat about 12 rows to the left of the stage amazing seats and they did indeed do an amazing cover of Layla best show I've seen them put on so far. Angus Clark Anna Phoebe Al Pitrelli they all rock
Quote by caughtinamosh
i despise them... i don't understand why 4 inches is small for a penis, but long for hair
oh, how i wish i could reverse that

Quote by Chimaira
Some britsih guy said "Good Game" to me, and I thought he said "Your Gay". It was pretty funny.
Last year, they had this insane keyboard duel.

It was freaking killer when Toccata and Fugue in Dm belted out and the guy held that one lowass D note for about 30 seconds...

Wow.
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
Did any one seem to notice a change on the song "A last Illusion" the intro seemed longer than usual and my friend claims that Angus included the intro to Roundabout by YEs into the Last Illusion Intro

^ Sorta confusing
Quote by caughtinamosh
i despise them... i don't understand why 4 inches is small for a penis, but long for hair

Quote by Chimaira
Some britsih guy said "Good Game" to me, and I thought he said "Your Gay". It was pretty funny.
Last edited by hckychsdude at Dec 20, 2006,
They were here at my place the 15th but I couldnt go, and I heard it was aweosme
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I saw them saturday and they kicked ass, bout the 5th time I've seen 'em. I always hit on the violin chick, but she didn't come out to the post-concert-wait-in-line-for-an-hour-to-say-hi-and-get-their-autograph thing, so I was bummed. But me and Al joked about playing Freebird, so that was cool, and Angus took one of my picks haha...
I'm back, now with special sauce.
Quote by Unforgiven Otlw
Last thing the world ever needed is some retards with speech impediments telling kids how cool it is to be in gangs, talk a lot of ****, carry guns, and treat women like nothing more than sluts.
Quote by hckychsdude
Did any one seem to notice a change on the song "A last Illusion" the intro seemed longer than usual and my friend claims that Angus included the intro to Roundabout by YEs into the Last Illusion Intro

^ Sorta confusing

yea it was roundabout. you didn't know that? Shame!
they put on the one of the best shows ever man. saw them on the 13 of this december in colorado springs. i had a seat on the floor really close to the front, it was kickass. the layla cover was insane, and really unexpected. everyone in the band is amazing. if anyone has the opportunity to go to one of their shows, do it. they are incredible.
I'm gonna try and get backstage passes for next year if possible
Quote by caughtinamosh

Quote by Chimaira
Quote by wet_dog
they put on the one of the best shows ever man. saw them on the 13 of this december in colorado springs. i had a seat on the floor really close to the front, it was kickass. the layla cover was insane, and really unexpected. everyone in the band is amazing. if anyone has the opportunity to go to one of their shows, do it. they are incredible.

I drove up to denver on the 12th. You get good seats?
Quote by scheck006
I drove up to denver on the 12th. You get good seats?

yeah man, i got great seats. its really great because i could totally see their expressions and stuff, and i could almost hear a little bit of what they said to each other. it really makes the concert a great experience. what kind of seats did you get?

the denver one was sold out so we had to go down to springs.
Page 1 of 2