I have been playing guitar for 9 months and have got the hang of barre chords. What should be my next step of learning???
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Shredding on an acoustic bass is always good to do.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Sorry i forgot to mention i can already hammer-on and pull-off and understand the minor pentatonic
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by dantiberian
I have been playing guitar for 9 months and have got the hang of barre chords. What should be my next step of learning???

H/o wait, honestly, I've been playing 9 months also... Barre chords were like a LONG time ago... Am I moving to fast? I know like 4 complete scales, understand chord construction, chord formulas, an ok amount of theory and composition. And like a bagillion chords, not all of them, but alot... Hammer Ons and pull offs next? I learned those before barre chords.
^Yeah, lots of people 'learn' them before barre chords.

I mean, hammer ons and pull offs are one of the hardest techniques to execute properly, and most peoples idea of them is using all the force you can to hammer on, and then pulling like a bungee chord is attached to your finger. Which is completely incorrect.

I'm not saying either of you have learnt it incorrectly, because I don't know - I said 'Learn how to hammer on and pull off correctly, would be a start.'... note the word correctly.

I mean.. legato is a pretty fundamental thing if you want to progress, and you won't progress if you're being held back by a lack luster legato technique, so what I said was a caution to make sure you're doing basic fundamental things correctly before moving onto bigger and better stuff, not a condescending 'Lol lurn hamer ons u n00b' type-a-thing, lol.
Quote by fragydig529
H/o wait, honestly, I've been playing 9 months also... Barre chords were like a LONG time ago... Am I moving to fast? I know like 4 complete scales, understand chord construction, chord formulas, an ok amount of theory and composition. And like a bagillion chords, not all of them, but alot... Hammer Ons and pull offs next? I learned those before barre chords.

If you did understand chord construction and formulas, you would know all the chords.... You may be moving too fast if you aren't getting a proper grasp on any of these things. I'm not sure though, I'd have to hear you , and know some specifics.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Just learn some different fingering techniques, different picking techniques and patters, while trying your best to not anchor your pinky or something, or only use 2 fingers while fretting, that kind of stuff. Maybe learn some of your favourite songs, to get rythm down, and timing, all that jazz.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way