I just read Dimebag Darrell was playing in 1/4 tuning, and I've never heard of it. How does one achieve 1/4 tuning on a chromatic tuner?
My Gear:

Dimebag Darrel Lightning Dean ML
Fender Sunburst Stratocaster
Gibson Epiphone G400
Ibanez Acoustic
im guessing its somthing to do with the pitch/frequecy, cause i know that Peace Sells.. by Megadeth its 1/4 of a step down. i dunno im guessing lol, good luck tho,

Muse-Citizen
50 cents, which would mean that the tuner should be comstantly switching between E and Eb
I know! I know!

Your tuner would need a guage of how close or far a note is from its true pitch. You want the note between two notes.

Dimebag played a quarterstep down, so his notes were between E and E flat, A and A flat, etc.
Yeah I think the other guys got it, it means playing with microtones I think they're called. It's pretty interesting, I've always wanted to try playing a song like that but never got around to it as I don't have an actual guitar tuner and usually just tune to my keyboard.
Quote by Nybb
Dude, I'm going to sig myself and see if anybody notices.
Thanks guys! I just tuned it to 50 cents and it keeps changing between the two notes. Now when I play the song Hollow by Pantera, it sounds right!
My Gear:

Dimebag Darrel Lightning Dean ML
Fender Sunburst Stratocaster
Gibson Epiphone G400
Ibanez Acoustic