Page 4 of 78
Yeah, I know. The covers are great, I just don't like it as much as the rest of them. It's a great CD though.
And, yes, that is very surprising. You would almost have to expect something like that, but alas nothing has come up yet.

LOL. I'm listening to Dookie right now, it hasn't left my CD player for the past few days, and All By Myself just came on. I love this song. One of the funniest things I've heard. Tre's songs kickass. The way he sings makes it even better.
Sorry, I love this damn CD and can't stop talking about it.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
He was 5 years old when he started recording!?
Just found this record. Apparently just one of 50 (hence the £850 price). Absolutely insane.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yeah, I'm gonna assume you're talking about Look For Love. I have it on my computer. You can download it somewhere....can't remember where. Anyways, the little kid talking at the beginning of ISH was him after he recorded that song. He's sounds so cute.
And I love feelin' cheap
Billie Joe how do you feel after recording your first album?
WONDERFUL

(nerk r u a girl??)
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
No.... why?

Sweet, I was sigged.
And I love feelin' cheap
Just kidding, yeah I am. Was it the 'he sounds so cute' that tipped ya off? I could have just as well been a flamboyant gay dude.

Anyways, that song is pretty cool, does anyone how or why he got to do that and what the song was used for?
And I love feelin' cheap
i was wondering cause you either sound like a "flamboyant gay guy", a 12 year old boy, or a girl. and yes the "he sounds so cute" tipped me off. i couldnt picture a straight guy saying that.

but i think that song ..... i dont remember...
Yep, I'm a chick and proud of it. Although being a gay guy would be fun...
And I love feelin' cheap
I just watched Driven: Green Day on Youtube. Any of you guys seen it? It's pretty good.
And I love feelin' cheap
The guitar solo? Yeah, he and Billie switch insruments for that song. He plays the guitar and sings, while Billie drums.

"Like a Rat Does Cheese" is awesome.
And I love feelin' cheap
Happy Birthday to Tre'!
And I love feelin' cheap
I have never listened to 1039, but Green Day must be a really good song if the band would actually change their name from Sweet Children to it. I really don't know why everyone loves Longview. My favorite song is either Hitchin a Ride or She.

As for American Idiot, I just hate Holiday. It's all political and 9/11 and full of liberal s@#$ I don't think belongs in music.
The Real List:
1.Dookie
2.Nimrod
3.1039/Smoothed out Slappy Hours
4.Insomniac
5.Shenanigens
6.Warning
7.American Idiot
Interesting list.
And I love feelin' cheap
Quote by nerk13
I just watched Driven: Green Day on Youtube. Any of you guys seen it? It's pretty good.

whats it about? is it a movie or something?

EDIT: i watched, it was interesting
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Last edited by myself101 at Dec 16, 2006,
Quote by FrenchyFungus
4string (dude, I forgot your real name, sorry, is it Max?) Check out 1039 slappy hours, it's like Dookie, but with SOLOS!!!!!!!1

Well, I better bite my lip and close my eyes. lol TO THE SOLOS
Dookie was the best album, but I did really like American Idiot.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by myself101
whats it about? is it a movie or something?

EDIT: i watched, it was interesting

I thought it was pretty neat. Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas to you too.
And I love feelin' cheap
The REAL real list:

1) Nimrod
2) Dookie
3) Kerplunk
4) 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
5) Insomniac
6) American Idiot
7) Warning
8) Internatioanl Superhits
9) Shenanigans

I win.

Oh well, to me, all Green Day owns. (I realize by my username I should be tearing Green Day apart, but I love Green Day just as much as Iron Maiden. A metal fan liking Green Day? OMGWTFBBQ NO WAI!) ...yeah.
Cool.

I plan on getting on Kerplunk and 1039 Slappy Hours when they're re-released on Jan. 9. I'm actually pretty excited, apparently I'm missing something by not have had hearing them. They were supposed to have come out on the nineteenth, a few days ago, but for some reason they pushed it 'til later. Oh well, hopefully it'll be worth the wait.
And I love feelin' cheap
Quote by nerk13

I haven't seen that in forever, VH1 played it like one time a little while after american idiot came out and that was that. Same with storytellers, they were amazing but showed it like two times at the most
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
The REAL real list:

1) Nimrod
2) Dookie
3) Kerplunk
4) 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
5) Insomniac
6) American Idiot
7) Warning
8) Internatioanl Superhits
9) Shenanigans

I win.

Oh well, to me, all Green Day owns. (I realize by my username I should be tearing Green Day apart, but I love Green Day just as much as Iron Maiden. A metal fan liking Green Day? OMGWTFBBQ NO WAI!) ...yeah.

I like metal and Green Day. I just like metal better.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I like Green Day better than metal (oh no!)

They were a good band IMO, Dookie was really good. It's the only album of theirs I really listen to. I just think their new stuff, mostly their new look, is pathetic. Couldn't they just be themselves? The guys are over 30 now.
^Maybe they are being themselves? I mean look at Iggy Pop, how old is he and still running around on stage naked? Billie said himself that when asked if he's ever worried about being identified by his music he said no because Green Day's music is him.
Yeah. I mean the new look is different, but I mean if that's what they like, hey, let 'em wear what they want.

Besides, you can't really say they all of a sudden changed their look so much, I mean Billie had before in the nineties wore a tight black shirt with his infamous red tie. The new look is just a tweak on that. I read somewhere, I think their new biography, that they had decided that wearing suits and looking more professional would be an advantage in their tirade against Bush. More people would take them seriously.

Oh yeah, and

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

or

Happy Non-Specific Winter Holiday!
And I love feelin' cheap
Last edited by nerk13 at Dec 25, 2006,
Quote by the glue man
I like Green Day better than metal (oh no!)

They were a good band IMO, Dookie was really good. It's the only album of theirs I really listen to. I just think their new stuff, mostly their new look, is pathetic. Couldn't they just be themselves? The guys are over 30 now.

You said Green Day is better than what?
And their new stuff is good. American Idiot is my favorite after Dookie.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Dec 26, 2006,
^Yeah, American Idiot is pretty good.

I just got Kerplunk and I'm laughing my ass off. Have you guys ever compared the Welcome to Paradise on Kerplunk to the one on Dookie? They sound so much different, the quality difference is amazing, and Billie's vocals changed alot, they got so much better. Although, the ones on Kerplunk are very unique and kinda grow on you. Don't get me wrong though, Kerplunk is awesome. I'm going to give it and 1039 SOSH a listen tonight and come up with a list of my own, now that I own all eight albums. It shall be the REAL list.
And I love feelin' cheap
Now he is a fan.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by whatabiznitch83
I love Green Day. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be picking up my guitar everyday. I don't care what other people think. I like them for their music. I really don't give a crap whether or not they're punk.

Hey... I like you.

I completely agree.
And I love feelin' cheap
greenday rule , they changed since smoothed out slappy hours but come on they were 18 then now theyr almost 35 . would you like to be doin the same thing for that long , they experimented . so what ? if you dont lyk it then go listen to to nimrod some more , may be pick up on a few lyrics in reject .
Quote by whatabiznitch83

Quote by nerk13
Hey... I like you.

I completely agree.

Thank you. I like you too.

UG Forums: The new Match.com.

Hahh.
Quote by lyrixgirl
i heard that the next release is going to be a triple release! im scared...

Kickass, man (excuse me, chick)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Green Day sold-out. I'm not sure how many times you've heard that one before, but how true it is. Seriously, you had to put eyeliner on after emo's unfortunate explosion into the mainstream? Sigh...
Dude, eyeliner was popular before the emo bacame a fad, and I think they look better in it personally. It complimented Bilie Joe's clothes and hair.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by nerk13
^Yeah, American Idiot is pretty good.

I just got Kerplunk and I'm laughing my ass off. Have you guys ever compared the Welcome to Paradise on Kerplunk to the one on Dookie? They sound so much different, the quality difference is amazing, and Billie's vocals changed alot, they got so much better. Although, the ones on Kerplunk are very unique and kinda grow on you. Don't get me wrong though, Kerplunk is awesome. I'm going to give it and 1039 SOSH a listen tonight and come up with a list of my own, now that I own all eight albums. It shall be the REAL list.

I finally got Shenanigans for christmas , I haven't taken it for a spin yet, but I will in the next couple of days. I have all 10 now.

Quote by HavenSake
Green Day sold-out. I'm not sure how many times you've heard that one before, but how true it is. Seriously, you had to put eyeliner on after emo's unfortunate explosion into the mainstream? Sigh...

So explain to me again why they're sell-outs? Is it because you think they put eye-liner on to look like the ever hated emo or are you just a stupid kid who wants to hop on the bandwagon and look like someone with a valid opinion?

Now explain to me this; why would a band who has been successful for over 15 years need to look like an emo to sell records if they have already sold millions?
^He brings up a good point. While their albums slowly started doing worse they certainly bounced back with avengeance.

Also musical meds, that club of yours about making UG better, I think it's fine as it is. It just always seems like there's problems because new ones will always come up but the mods take care of everything they can. Things are clearly fine as they are, things have changed since I've joined but the UG team has never failed. Sorry, I just love this place.

Also I'n not so sure they'd do a triple release, how long have they been prepping for this newer album?
Sorry to interrupt, and this is probably really late, but I found it slightly amusing.

"You have Green Day and 'American Idiot'. Where do they film their DVD? In England. A bunch of kids screaming 'I don't want to be an American idiot' I saw it as a very negative thing towards Americans. It really lit a fire in me. I just thought it was really cheap. To go to a place like England or Germany and sing that song - those kids aren't taking it the same way that he meant it. And he [Billie Joe Armstrong] knew it."

Kind of funny when you find it comes from Brandon Flowers who was in a band that for months everyone assumed were British and rarely did they actually address the issue.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic