Hey there. Well, long story short, my friend and I are going to play the song Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragonforce in March for a school fundraiser. I decided that by then I'd like to have a more shred oriented guitar. I've always been a fan of B.C. Rich Mockingbirds, and after working my summer job I can afford to build one to my liking on Warmoth. If I buy one from Warmoth, what would you reccomend me to install in it? I know a Floyd Rose is a must for the song, but as to what woods to use and what electronics, I'm stumped. Any help is very much appreciated.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Generalpwnt
Use whatever you want.

Well, that's the problem. There's way too many options. I just need help narrowing them down.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
get an original floyd definately. and in the bridge i would go with a seymour duncan invader.... but to be honest if you cant decide exactly what you want you shouldnt be buying a custom shop seeing as the whole purpose is to get a guitar built exactly how you want it.
Quote by deadmansdiary
get an original floyd definately. and in the bridge i would go with a seymour duncan invader.... but to be honest if you cant decide exactly what you want you shouldnt be buying a custom shop seeing as the whole purpose is to get a guitar built exactly how you want it.

Hmm. Very true. I had a basic idea for what i wanted to get, but I just want to hear some specific suggestions for what wood to use, seeing as different pickups work best with different woods. As for the rest of the guitar, I know exactly what I want.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Mahogany for darker tones, basswood for lighter tones. You could do a 3 piece body, with mahogany up the center and basswood wings?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I'd probably go with a bright wood, like alder or swamp ash. If you have the money than get an OFR and some Bareknuckle pickups. You should probably go with the Wizard neck if you decide to buy a neck from Warmoth.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email