I'm going on to my 10th month of playing now. I play an acoustic-electric guitar and right now I'm just messing around until I can get a real electric in November (I can't get an electric until I've played acoustic for a year). I know some scales (major, minor, harmonic minor, natural minor, minor pentatonic, blues scale) and i can play flight of the bumblebee, scuttle buttin, and master of puppets, among other things. Right now I don't know what to do until November. Should I learn more scales? Practice improvization? Something else?
Write some tunes. Dream about the electric. Just don't stop learning things, you seem to be doing much better then I have. Four damn years and I still don't know a couple of the scales you mentioned. =P
"We are what we pretend to be...so we must be careful what we pretend to be."
Yes I do want to learn more I just want some advice for what kind of stuff I should learn.
if you are going to get a electric than you should be practicing on doing solos, palm muting, hammer ons , and pull-offs.
yeah i can already do hammer ons, pull offs, and palm muting, but i need to work on my soloing.
learn sweeping/economy picking, pinch harmonics, and practice improvisation over a guitar backing track
just keep learning songs and practicing,its all u can do if u are "waiting" for an electric
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith