I need a little help knowing the technical side of the guitar.. I've wanted to lower my action for ease of chord / leading, but as i was reading http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com , it told me that if i were to tighten the truss rod, i needed to fix the bridge, too, or something similar to that, or the tightness of the strings would damage my guitar..

Things go real technical, and although I'd really like to get my feet wet at the technical side of guitars, I'm afraid of damaging mine.. should I not worry about learning the anatomy of the guitar and get it professionally set up, or should I try and learn by trial and error...

either way, I was hoping of someone could give me a clear explanation for lowering my strings..
what type of guitar?

and it should be lowered at the bridge not the neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You should probably ask someone who knows like a guy at a guitar shop. DOnt try to do it yourself or you might screw something up
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
^wrong.

its simple for a strat u lower these two screws per saddle. u use a tiny allen wrench.

for TOM type you just loosen the top screw and then the thumbwheel can move (pointed to by red arrow) you move it down for lower actioin.

both logz pics
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

**** so I don't raise the actual thing that holds the saddles(I guess that would be the bridge?)
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
anyone?? please help i think i screwed up
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Quote by ATLBraves2014
**** so I don't raise the actual thing that holds the saddles(I guess that would be the bridge?)

no, you lower it to lower your action, and you only lower the entire bridge instead of the saddles if its a floyd rose ( in which case you turn the pivot screws clockwise to lower the entire bridge)
Quote by ATLBraves2014

on an epi sg?

u loosen the screw, on the bridge, above where the red arrow is. then the whole post will become loose. that will let u spin the thumbwheel on that post. u adjust it, then do the same to the other side.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62