Poll: Which would you do?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which would you do?
Easier song/faster results/bigger boost to confidence
29 67%
More difficult song/slower results/bigger accomplishment if you ever learn it
14 33%
Voters: 43.
The easier song that you feel you could learn much quicker and faster results or the more difficult song that is more challenging to you that will take a lot longer to see the instant results and cause a little more frustration along the way?
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
Easier song first. Usually i'll learn (if I have a bunch of songs I want to learn), i'll sit down and learn the easiest first, and then make my way up. Gain cofidence with the smaller, easier songs, so the harder ones shouldn't be as hard with the confidence, and practice you've had already.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Quote by adamk991100
Easier song first. Usually i'll learn (if I have a bunch of songs I want to learn), i'll sit down and learn the easiest first, and then make my way up. Gain cofidence with the smaller, easier songs, so the harder ones shouldn't be as hard with the confidence, and practice you've had already.

Exactly -

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Easier one then build up slowly to more difficult songs. I find it discouraging to tackle a hard song right away, whereas if you have the confidence you'll think to yourself "I can do this!".
That's what I would have thought as well. I'm the kind of player that learned a few riffs several years ago and never was good about memorizing an entire song, so without memorizing it, I could never get my fingers to move fast enough to keep up.

I'm going through lessons again and my instructor wants me to do an entire song and asks me who I want to play. I want to do something from GnR, so he suggested Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, and Sweet Child o' Mine. I can do the opening riff for Sweet Child o' Mine fairly well, but I know a lot of it is way too fast for me at this point. For the life of me, I've just never been able to get the timing right on the intro to Paradise City and it has some fast stuff as well. We started working on Welcome to the Jungle tonight and I'm just having some difficulty getting the timing down for that. I was going to suggest starting off with either Knocking on Heaven's Door or Don't Cry as I can do pretty much all of Don't Cry(even the solo, but just never pieced together the whole song). Patience is another easy one, but just never got the timing right either.

I never played very much and at my peak, I might have played for 2-3 hours/week back around 15 years ago, but most times the guitar might sit in the case for 3-4 months at a time. I want to devote an hour/day to playing now so I can play entire songs. Any other simple songs to start off with other than what I've mentioned so far?

(BTW, I've already done Smells like Teen Spirit and When I Come Around, so those don't really count). I can play them halfway decent all the way through.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
Most of the time I have one really hard song that I'm working on and a few easier songs in between that only take a few days to learn.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Easier for sure. You have to have confidence in yourself, or else you cant really amount to anything, if you think about it. You would have no motivation to continue learning more difficult things.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
i dont know, i learned a lot of supplemental materials. it's really discouraging to attempt to play something when just beginning. you need a foundation of confidence to build off of. it's not wise to play something complex when you havent related yourself to the instrument. with that said though, completing a work you once thought was extremely complicated can deliver a lot more satisfaction
Easier would be the better bet.
I won't back down, I will not bow, I've come to bring you hell... - Fuel