Hey guys,
I'd like to know if there are any stock guitars that are set-up for low tunings and heavy gauge strings?
They make baritone guitars. I dont know which companies make them, but i've seen some around. You can also get a 7 string guitar for low tunings.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
ESP makes good ones
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
They're called baritone. Most companies make them. Even Fender has some baritone models (including a Jaguar )
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by rockxwl
ESP makes good ones

o rly. yeh baritone from ESP they have a couple LTD ones and the only ESP version that comes straight to my head is the Viper in 6 string and 7 string version but i think thats it
Yeah...drop B, but 7 strings are tuned BEADGBE which (correct me if i'm wrong) is B Standard, Mick tunes his down BFBE#G#C# (catn remember the tuning) and on a six tring he would have to tune down down to BEADGB...just a thought.
there is some ibanez guitar that comes drop c or c standard i cant remember out of the box but i cant remember the name of the model
what's different between a barritone, is the neck set up to play drop C with like 9-46 strings? is it just the longer neck

i've never played one and am somewhat of a noob still of course
Quote by ch715dallat
there is some ibanez guitar that comes drop c or c standard i cant remember out of the box but i cant remember the name of the model

It's the Mick Thompson...dude from Slipknot...comes tuned B, F#, B, E, G#, C# which is dropped B.

anyway, It's a longer neck, most baritones are 27" instead of the regular 24.75 or 25.5, but I wouldnt know, I've never played a baritone before.