How can i take off dried super glue of a guitars wood with out damaging the paint job?
very carefully. if it bonded to the paint then you cant, but you might try a razor.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
1.Cotton ball and rubbing alcohol

2. Don't put super glue on your guitar
Dimebag Is God!!!!

President Of The Official Dimebag Darrell Fan Club
PM Me to Join

Member #28 of the Official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
you could try heating it off and with an exacto knife but your still probably going to chip the wood.
owned.

wtf you do, take your guitar to woodshop to use as a stencil or something?
think, buddy.
i think hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip (cotton swab) will work...
not the strong peroxide for dying hair, the one for cuts
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
put super glue on it , itll probably reverse the effects of the other superglue, then u have the problem of what to do with tht super glue

just post another thread like this when u do, its made me laugh
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Get a putty knife, and keep scratching it until it comes off. It wont hurt your finish one bit.

Seriously dude, how did you egt superglue on your guitar?!
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
seriously i dont know why im laughing soo hard, just how?
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
omg omg like omg just cover the whole thing in superglue then you wont even notice it
Would that actually be a good idea, there might be a chemical reaction between three of the things involved super glue remover, super glue and the finish. It could end up doing more harm than good, that might be a last resort.
There's nothing good to remove super glues, unless im missing something. You could try organic (or unorganic...) compound 1st that'd be less damaging, like your spit (brush your teeth 1st). If the glue has hardened properly, then you could just buff/polish it lightly at the area and continue on with the whole guitar.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Where on the guitar is the super glue? How much super glue? What is the finish that it is on?. First you say guitar wood then you mention paint. Is it on clear finish(laquer,urethane)? I could probably help but not without the info.
i got super glue on it cause when i opened up a tube to glue a wood shelf back together, it shot out and got on my guitar on the clear finish. Will heating it up damage the paint?
Quote by rockr09
i got super glue on it cause when i opened up a tube to glue a wood shelf back together, it shot out and got on my guitar on the clear finish. Will heating it up damage the paint?

nope it wont but your still scared then get a pro to take it off for you in the end some residue will still be left over

I can't stop laughing. "Removing super glue on guitar: How do I get super glue off my guitar without damaging the paint job?"

Ohhh man, this is the kind of question people love to hear.

I'd be leery of using a solvent in case of damage to the finish, but I'd try a razor. If that doesn't work, talk to your local luthier, but don't get mad if he chuckles.
no
take an exacto knife, and carfully scratch the glue off, millimeeter by millimeter, and then when it gets too then that you think that you might scratch your finsih, then get rubbing alcohol and rub it of with a q-tip, make sure to put alot of pressure on it. If it doesnt come off, then try to peal it off... The Alcohol should waeken it enough to just peal right off.
Alcohol, Hydrogen peroxide, and mineral spirits are NOT likely going to budge super glue. Super glue remover isn't much more than an acetone based solvent. Acetone is about the only solvent that DOES have an effect on super glue(not quickly either but it does soften it). Yes, it may start to disolve the finish as well. It also my not. It depends what the clear finish is. The best thing to try is a q-tip with Acetone (fingernail polish remover) in an inconspicuous spot and see if it has an effect. If you end up with a flat finish from solvent, a fine cut rubbing compound (an automotive paint expert guy can recomend something here) can bring just about anything back to a high luster. Also, a hair dryer and your finger nail may work to a degree.

I have had great results getting finish blemishes on auto/cycle paint jobs with rubbing compounds and elbow grease. Wet sanding with superfine paper then compounds does wonders as well. Easy too.