So we're tryin to talk our school into letting us play at a pep rally. The only problem is.. we don't really know what to play. It wont be my actual band.. just some people from our school that play. We need a song thats fast paced and will get everyone fired up.. but it can't really be all that heavy cause our school is plagued with the gangster/country disease. So we need a rock song that will get everyone pumped up, but at the same time wont make them think.. what the hell is this? I was thinking something along the line of like.. Halifax - Our Revolution.. but it says 'hell yea' so we can't play that lol.. so aany advice would be good. Thanks.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Blur - Song 2

Easy, recognizable, hype as a mother-f'r.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Micky-The bangles (were they?, I dont remember)

you know...Oh Micky your so fine...
...And The Nominees Are
anything by Manowar, if Manowar doesnt get those people pumped up, nothing will.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Iron Maiden- The Trooper

If you can't get up to the Trooper, you don't havea pulse
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Seven Nation Army could be good.
Or Wild Thing?
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.
Quote by G-Rock
Blur - Song 2

Easy, recognizable, hype as a mother-f'r.

i second that, everyone knows that riff
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Nirvana, if it doesn't embarrass you do play their stuff.

A Queen or AC/DC number that everyone will know (For those About To Rock, maybe?)
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
AC/DC or Blur would be good. Queen vocals might be hard to pull off in a school gym or w/e. Maybe some Metallica, maybe some of the newer stuff thats more commercial like Fuel.
If you got a good vocalist, "We Will Rock You" by Queen will probably be a great choice for a pep rally. Just send it out to the team your school will be playing against.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by claptonfan55
If you got a good vocalist, "We Will Rock You" by Queen will probably be a great choice for a pep rally. Just send it out to the team your school will be playing against.

took the thought from my mind. that would be awesome, the whole gym would be stamping that rhythmn. the good thing is that the vocals are easy for that aswell. Or you could do somebody told me by the killers.
as i come to think of it, seven nation army and song 2 are very much alike. but i would go for seven nation army, as it is my personal favourite
walk this way would get people pumped.
welcome to the jungle or sweet child are hard rocking classics as well.
do a crazy hendrix style cover of wild thing, everyone knows that song. also something along the lines of start me up or we will rock you might do good as well.
Blur is good. RATM is the pumping-up-est thing ever, though. Guerilla radio is really easy to play and is great for that sorta thing.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by Kade_Vocalist
If its a pep rally, play "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.

Every football player loves that song.

You stole my song. Fuckin rite dude. This song is like so lively and entergenic!!! I always dream about playing this for a pep rally. Seriously. If you had someone that could almost sing like Brian, that would be own soooooooo bad.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Walk- Pantera

People go ****ing crazy for this song.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by Spamwise
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n Roses

your best bet.

yea that would defanately be a good one
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by STRAT811
Blur is good. RATM is the pumping-up-est thing ever, though. Guerilla radio is really easy to play and is great for that sorta thing.

i agree but he sed they couldnt even say "hell ya"
imagine if they played rage...
Quote by Kade_Vocalist
If its a pep rally, play "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.

Every football player loves that song.

song 2 is a good choice too

anything by rage (or audioslave since its the same style with cleaner lyrics)

purple haze - hendrix