So, I play my guitar half step down because I find it hard to sing standard.

I am looking for suggestions on some good acoustic songs that are normally played half step down. I know any song can be played half step down, but the ones that are naturally like that are cool to play along with.

I already know of One Thing by Finger Eleven and Through Glass by Stone Sour. Anyone know any others?
I have the mind of a criminal genius... Its in the freezer next to mother.
The softer Guns n Roses love songs are really great and sound awesome on acoustic. GNR plays everything half-step down
why don't you just play like you're in standard tuning? unless you want to play to the actual recording or a perfect pitched listener, i don't think it will matter much
YEAH I'M STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, FOO!
Truth be told I find it easier to sing.

If I can listen to a track, and match pitch with the track, then play it on my guitar, it's easier to match it all up. But to take a normal song and play half a step down, I gotta think how it will sound lower when I sing it.

I always like learning new tunes though, and if it is half step down, all the better. Hense why I asked if anyone knew any more songs originally written Half Step Down.

Thanx for the GnR suggestion btw
I don't see how a semitone really makes that much difference.

Some metallica uses half-step down I think.

Staind, I think

But really, it's one semitone, If you have at least a one octave range it can't affect you that much surely? Maybe keep practicing singing in standard and you'll expand your range and won't have to worry about what tuning a song uses.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
It makes a difference.

When I sing a Cadd9 I can feel it, and a Cadd9 stepped down I am confortable. We are kind of missing the point though?

Thanx for the stained suggestion.
Ummm, I think you should rty the Nirvana acoustic show CD.
it ahs alot of great songs (If your'e into Nirvana, if not, they do alot of covers on the cd)
...And The Nominees Are
patience (GN'R) and maybe other acoustic songs from GN'R Lies...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Several Thin Lizzy songs are 1/2 step down. All Apologies by Nirvana is played in drop-d 1/2 step down. There's also Hero of the Day by Metallica. Several Black Label Society acoustic songs are 1/2 down (they apparently cover Heart of Gold by Neil Young 1/2 down, too). Several more, but that's all I can think of right now.
Quote by Rayman1986
When I sing a Cadd9 I can feel it, and a Cadd9 stepped down I am confortable..

Sorry to go off topic again, but if you sing a Cadd9, it will not differ at all if you were playing in Eb tuning or Standard. Its just with Eb you shift the shape up one fret. They are both the same pitch.

Ok, back on topic, try playing "Far beyond the Sun" by Yngwie Malmsteen. It will be piss hard, but it does encourage you to do a few strecthes higher on the board, and if you fingerpick it, it helps even more. It is, of course, in Eb tuning.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by notoriousnumber
Ok, back on topic, try playing "Far beyond the Sun" by Yngwie Malmsteen. It will be piss hard, but it does encourage you to do a few strecthes higher on the board, and if you fingerpick it, it helps even more. It is, of course, in Eb tuning.
Great song, but hardly acoustic.

Anyway, try Hendrix's ballad-ish songs, Little Wing and such. All of his later work is down 1/2 step.

True, Hendrix wasn't known for his acoustic work (did he do any?), but I see no reason why his ballads couldn't be played on an acoustic.
A lot of Weezer songs are played a half-step down (many of the older ones, anyways.)
FILLER.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Great song, but hardly acoustic.

I know, I practised playing it on an acoustic, and realised how hard it was. I also realised how much it would improve my playing if I managed to play it well on acoustic.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Wake Up by Coheed and Cambria

<3
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬