Page 1 of 2
ever known one?
im planning to buy... it has to be a FENDER, since..............
its a personal matter.
please lemme know if there is any out there...
money is not a big problem...

preferably the '59 bassman i suppose?
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

first thing that popped into my mind was the fender metalhead but that's a pretty horrid amp, plus it's not tube so that's kind of irrelevant.

look into the fender hotrod series i suppose - though it might need an overdrive to get it where you want it..?
Marty
something for metal... i could use a ts-808 for that hi gain...

or what?
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

yer tube screamers a good overdrive to use i guess. the question is what kind of metal - is it that uber high gain beat your chest 90's to now high gain where every note is so compressed it could be a drum, or is it the classic high gain of the 80's where it was more marshally stuff - like the gain was quite juicy with a lot of fuz? the latter could easily be done by a fender with an overdrive, but the former would be difficult.
Marty
could relate to children of bodom?
Quote by tubab0y

Well to be honest a Fender couldn't do that. The gain Fender can handle is 80's metal with an 80's metal. For Childrens Of Bodom a Peavey 5150 or Peavey XXX would be great. Theers a reason no metal band uses Fenders: even when cranked the overdrive is basscily classic rock.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^I got that out of the Bassman i tried yesterday, but COB? Nope They are to high gain.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^With a really strong booster pedal, you have a chance, albeit a slim one.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
nice sound clip buddy!

a '68 bassman!?
Quote by tubab0y

^YEah, but to be honest dude, a Peavey 5150 or XXX is amde for metal and you will probalby regret getting a Fender for metal, im sorry, they are great amps for blues and classic rock, but not a real metal amp. As Pinky said: with a strong booster pedal (and probably über high output pickups) you got a small chance, but why not jsut get an amp that will get great metal tones instead?!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^He is right.

A different amp just would be better.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^Yeah.

Off topic: I tried a Silver Face Bassman yesterday. Awesome amp! Great blues/ classic rock overdrive!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

modded bassman, two overdrive pedals one feeding into another, that should do it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah, bue said it had to be a fender, so i recomended a solution involving a fender, its like when someone asks which epiphone is better and 50 people are like GET AN IBANEZ!! its kinda annoying really.

Last.fm
^Well i can see that, but if i said i played Jazz and i was thinking of getting an Jackon RR im looking at the wrong stuff and somebody reccomend me something thata would fit me. Threadstarter: im know it cna be annoying, but getting a Fender for metal is not a good idea, Fenders have great clean and classic rockish overdrive, but are not made for metal, youll probably end up thinking you bought the wrong amp.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

id say youre right in a way, but just because something isnt conventially used for something, doesnt mean it cant be, using the method i described, running two OD pedals into the bass input of a bassman ive got some very good metal tones, (oh and FYI the other guitarist in my college jazz band last year played an RR5 )

Last.fm
^Yeah i made a bad example, but yes as you said you can get good metaltones out of a Bassman, but if you play only metal you probably agree that there are better choices.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

im sure there are, but if he has some personal reason to get a fender and he can get a a tone he likes out of it, then im all for it.

Last.fm
^Sure, Fenders are great, but i think he'd be better off with some other amp.

I think the threadstarter shoudl try a Fender an overdrive pedal and then tell us if he can get a nice metal tone!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

yep, or like a reccomended two OD pedals, (you gotta do a good bit of EQ tweaking to make that work though)

Last.fm
The new Fender Supersonic can do high gain or so I believe.

But explain why you want a Fender to do metal?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
The new Fender Supersonic can do high gain or so I believe.

But explain why you want a Fender to do metal?

+1

The new supersonics are awesome versitile amps, I would def check one out.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

^ maybe the guy has like an uncle or sumthin that works in a fender factory and can get him a nice amp, you never know
threre is a good fender with a good high gain chanel, it came out in the early 90's it looks like a twin and it might be a model of twin its 100wats all tube and might be able to switch to 25 watts

ill get more info and come back
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0215700000

thats the link to the fender twin

i might be getting one soon as i can get fenders for half price

my uncle (lol) maneges some bands and can get any fender gear half price so that y im going for that and for metal

+ ull be suprised at how good a strat can sound with a high gain amp
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Quote by nofxnofxnofx
^ maybe the guy has like an uncle or sumthin that works in a fender factory and can get him a nice amp, you never know

maybe. but wouldnt he have said that to start off with though? idk

My gf's neighbor is like Leo Fender's great grandson or something and he can get any Fender product for free or something crazy like that. I went over to his house to check it out, hes a really cool guy, and I walked into his garage and about shit myself. Just about every notable Fender amp was there...stacked to the ceiling. It was OmGzzorz! TeH PwnzOrzz!!
^thats a good way to get some free gear. hey buddy mind getting me a twin reverb

No problemo.

That would be sweet.

Yeah the twin amp witha od pedal would be your best chance.
I love my 59 Bassman, but I will tell you right now that it is not a good amp for metal. Fender does not make amps for metal.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by kurdtkobaign
maybe. but wouldnt he have said that to start off with though? idk

My gf's neighbor is like Leo Fender's great grandson or something and he can get any Fender product for free or something crazy like that. I went over to his house to check it out, hes a really cool guy, and I walked into his garage and about shit myself. Just about every notable Fender amp was there...stacked to the ceiling. It was OmGzzorz! TeH PwnzOrzz!!

Words cannot describe my envy. I can just site here and stare.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
^ lmao yeah I know. I just got of the phone with muh jee-eff a couple minutes ago...the guy moved. But he said I could come play any of them whenever I wanted to. I should go take pics...
a Fender Cyber Twin is gonna be the only amp that will put you in Metal mode from fender...but its a modeling amp.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^ yeah I saw Tremonti warming up on one backstage. Theres a video of it on youtube somewhere.
Quote by MESAexplorer
a Fender Cyber Twin is gonna be the only amp that will put you in Metal mode from fender...but its a modeling amp.

I have one of those, I dunno if I would recommend it
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

I JUST so happened to be in the amp room at my local guitar store today when i heard a guy playing thru a supersonic. His buddy turned the gain up, and it got some dam nice metal tone, and im not even sure if that was full gain. Definately worth a look tho.
Page 1 of 2