Tomorrow is pay day and I'm trying to get a overdrive pedal. Distortion is too dramatic for me. I listen to a lot of dynamic music and play dynamically, however, some parts of our songs would be cool to have a little boost to the clipping I use (such as tapping). I was wondering of a recommended overdrive. One that isn't overwhelming and is good at gettin' the tone of a Class A amp turned up.

I'm leaning towards the DOD 250 reissue.
i use the boss blues driver
it takes a bit of fiddling, but you can get a real nice tone out of it
my vintage Colorsound Overdrive is a motha****a , i love that piece.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
I'm trying to keep it cheap. I was thinking about a blues driver because the dynamic sensitivity is what I want, but I figured the tones would be really limited. I play a Sovtek Mig-50.

Holy poo that colorsound is amazing.
Last edited by Jahsoul at Sep 15, 2006,
I've got a Boss Blues Driver, sounds really nice with my Blues Jr.

But what amp do you have?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^Are you some kind of retard?
Don't be afraid to care"

i dont know much about distortion to be honest , would a tubescreamer or a blues crunch work ok with a fender twin amp?( buying one next week cant wait )
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by srvman
i dont know much about distortion to be honest , would a tubescreamer or a blues crunch work ok with a fender twin amp?( buying one next week cant wait )

Yes, very well.
Don't be afraid to care"

I have the Boss OD-3, sounds much better than the Tube Screamer that I had before.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
I don't want a distortion, I want overdrive, thanks though.

No one knows about the DOD 250 though?