i play in a number of bands and i have a laney R4H head which is 300 watts. that is plugged in to a Laney R410 speaker cab and a R115 speaker cab. they are both 300 watts. when i play in my main band which consists of me, 2 guitarists, one being lead and the other rhythm/vocals and drums i'm always having to stress out my bass and my amp to be heard. the rhythm/vocal player has a 250 watt marshall, he puts a lot of mid on which makes the sound really powerful and fat. the lead guitarist uses a 300 watt head and cab stack, but he doesnt turn the volume up much. what should i do? im worried that im overstressing my amp

Ibanez BTB405QM
Laney R4H
Laney R410
Laney R115
you shouldnt be that quiet with 300W. im running through 65W and i can hear myself over my 120W guitarist.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
yeh, the only problem is that the guitarist, also my cousin, likes to think he knows what hes doing and wont let anyone else tell him how to do things
Quote by callingknopfler
yeh, the only problem is that the guitarist, also my cousin, likes to think he knows what hes doing and wont let anyone else tell him how to do things

Typical guitarist
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Check the impedance out put of your amp and the net impedance of your cabinets. Use Ohm's law to calculate net impedance of the cabinets. Find out if the cabinets are in series or paralel. Go to Shavano Music on the web for practical use of Ohm's law. I suspect the net impedance is putting a dangerous amperage load on your amp or your cabinets are out of phase. Let me know if this is the problem.