Poll: Which Dream Theater album to buy for her?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Dream Theater album to buy for her?
Octavarium
0 0%
Train of Thought
2 40%
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
1 20%
Scenes From a Memory
1 20%
Awake
0 0%
Images and Words
1 20%
When Dream and Day Unite
0 0%
any of the live albums (specify which one)
0 0%
any I've missed?
0 0%
Voters: 5.
anyway, my friend's birthday is coming up and I want to buy her a CD. She's a bit of a metal poser (She's into linkin park, evanescence, helloween, and various japanese emo bands) However, I've showed her some of my music and got her into liking Dream Theater.

So which album do you think she'd appreciate, since she likes metal so much?
She's a bit of a metal poser (She's into linkin park, evanescence, helloween, and various japanese emo bands)

helloween isn't "poser metal". Since she is into that stuff I'd suggest to get her an sonata arctica cd. From those bands to DT is quite a big step for a n00blet. Sonata arctica is like the missing link between them...

anyway, to awnser your question... get octavarium, It's the most straight ahead metal album they have done so far...
I wouldnt get her Six degrees, Awake, When dreams and day unite.
Get her Images & words, or SFAM.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand only DT thread.

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.