hi,

i just passed 15 years of my life so i have been blessed with £170- to by a new amp. I have been looking at the roland cube but i need other peoples recomendations:

1) i play metal/grunge/rock so i need good distortion

2) i am not currently in a band but would like to get into one in the near future

3) i would like the effects but i would like to buy a wah (will i screw the tone?)

4) are their any other amps that will fullfil my criteria.
I say Roland would be your best bet! The effects are pretty good and it can do a variety of distortions!!
You should save up a little more and buy a washburn 33w amp(some have spring reverb), Which is a good amp for the wattage. I have one and it gets over drums just fine with lots of volume to spare. They run about 130$ then a dunlop wha pedal for like 60$...im not sure what it converts to in £ though.....
My girl, my girl, don't lie to me,
Tell me where did you sleep last night
The amp has distortion but if you want a pedal the DS-1 is a good buy. 30$, 40$ w/AC adaptor
My girl, my girl, don't lie to me,
Tell me where did you sleep last night
Quote by seasofcheese
You should save up a little more and buy a washburn 33w amp(some have spring reverb), Which is a good amp for the wattage. I have one and it gets over drums just fine with lots of volume to spare. They run about 130$ then a dunlop wha pedal for like 60$...im not sure what it converts to in £ though.....

i pretty sure that the cube 60 has spring reverb but i would pedles screw up th etone as it has got built in effects and breaking news my budget its now £200

PS
i have been playing for 2 3/4 years now so i sorta want an amp that will last me some good time.
Last edited by dingo356 at Sep 15, 2006,