right im wanting to get a few effects goin on in my rig. I mainly play metal and a bit of classic rock and RHCP my current amp and guitar is in the sig. I Play bands like Iron Maiden, Trivium, Very little A7X, RHCP, Metallica, Silent Civilian, God Forbid, Megadeath.

I was thinkin about getting a wah and im not sure wot else i might need, also should i get a multi effects or work with stomp boxes? And will the pedals work alright with my cube being a modelling amp. Suggestions on a wah to get or other pedals and i dont have much money to spend so not teh most expensive pedals of offer please

Why not use the effects and distortion on your Cube? They're good.

Don't get a multi FX, and don't get stompboxes yet, just the wah first and experiment with your Cube's FX more, you might like them.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
A compressor is good for rounding out your overall sound. Try the MXR Dyna Comp.
I personally like the classic CryBaby Wah, but your metal influence tells me you need something with more scream. I'd try the CryBaby with the adjustable Q or the Dimebag model if they still make it.

R_H_C_P has good advice though. Experiment with the Cube's FX. The only thing I don't like is that they're built in. Built in FX scream cheap to me, but they usually have less noise problems than traditional pedals.
i hav the dimebag model and its a nice sound wah, but it WILL make you sound like pantera, no matter how much people say they can get a slash sorta sound, they are wrong
yeah i have have a good fiddle with the effects theyre pretty good but no wah so i'll probably try get one soon so any suggestions for a few different models in different price ranges, and i dont currently have a footswitch for getting between the cubes effects thats cool because i dont really use them at the minute because f what im playing but i'm thinking about the future when i get a newer bigger amp without effects built in?

Anyways some suggestions on a good wah for my style of music and also for a few different price ranges because i dont currently know how much im going to have to spend on it, because im goin of to university and the money will be tight

Edit missed all the posts above will posting

thanks in advance for any help
Ibanez Weeping Demon.

Very versatile wah, can vary the low end sweer, high end sweet, level, and whether it's a normal or a low end wah.

I've also heard good things about Vox wahs.

Edit: The Weeping Demon is about $125 CDN.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by greendayguitar
Ibanez Weeping Demon.

Very versatile wah, can vary the low end sweer, high end sweet, level, and whether it's a normal or a low end wah.

I've also heard good things about Vox wahs.

Edit: The Weeping Demon is about $125 CDN.

Thanks dunno wot price it is but i'll have a look around an check out sound clips. thanks any more suggestions

EDIT : weeping demon bit too expensive for me its like £85
Last edited by ch715dallat at Sep 15, 2006,
right i was having a look around and the lowest priced ones that ive been told are good are the Vox V850 and the Dunlop CryBaby so which would be most suited to the type of music i play and which would be the better wah? as theyre both the same price i think
^ depends which sorta sound you like, crybabys have their flaws (volume drop etc) so i would say the vox
thanks i was leanin towards that one, as ive been told the original crybaby is a more blues, classic rock oriented wah
weeping demon.
the ONLY metal wah pedal
its good for other styles too, but it works the best with distortion, and its so user friendly.
you can adjust the spring tension, auto delay, footboard tension...its awesome
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I just got one of this wah pedals and i tell you, it probably wont worth the money. You'll have to mod it to preserve your tone. Get a vox.
Quote by ZZ Topper
I just got one of this wah pedals and i tell you, it probably wont worth the money. You'll have to mod it to preserve your tone. Get a vox.

yeah i dont want to be spending 85 quid anyways i havent got much money to spare so ill go for the vox me thinks cos its like 50 i think, so VOX IT IS

to everyone who put some suggestions up there
^Yea.
But remember Vox's are made for classic rock, they do metal, but not as well as a wah made for metal would perform.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^Yep, not as good for Trivium. Plus, they also use a Crybaby From Hell.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?