Poll: The best brand in Wah pedals is...?
Poll Options
View poll results: The best brand in Wah pedals is...?
Vox
9 38%
Jim Dunlop
13 54%
Morley
2 8%
Digitech
0 0%
Voters: 24.
Hello there from Venezuela: Since I recently got a Crybaby 535q, wich resulted to be a tone killer (being off!), I wrote a thread about this wah pedal that could turn into an interesting matter to make a poll, sorry, I guess this one must have been done before about 1.000 times but, which is the best brand in wah pedals?
Depends what type of sounds you want, and if you want value for money and so on.

But I'm gonna' have to say Vox.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Depends what type of sounds you want, and if you want value for money and so on.

^ Yeah exactly, really depends on your style.
Vox wahs usually do most things, but if your looking for a really tight heavey wah for high gain stuff then check out the jim dunlop zakk wylde or dimebag wahs. But of cause theres the boutique brands (Budda, Roger mayer) That could be considered better. However, not alot of people have played the uncommon ones so you'll have to stick with sound clips and reviews for them.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
^ what do you mean "Which is digitech"?

The only digitech wahs I know anyway are the EX7 and the synth wah (Which is like an auto wah synth thing, you get some whacky funky sounds out of it which some people have no use for) and both are sorta mediaokah (The orginal whammy's had a wah preset in them didnt they? If they did anyway, good look finding one).
Whats wrong with your 535q anyway ZZ Topper? You could always mod it so its wired into true bypass ... thats if you like its sound when switched on.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Sep 15, 2006,
None of the above
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Sorry Acheo, i should include that option but you have to choose one of that . We are talking here about most known brands. StuC: My crybaby changes the tone of my Fender Blues Junior being off. I don't understand why i have to mod it, it should be already well constructed, dont you think?
^I agree, spending that much they should be aware it's a tone sucker and should mod it, guess not.

You could just mod it to true bypass for v cheap, but if you don't like it when on get a new wah.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Umm..where's Ibanez?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by R_H_C_P

PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by ZZ Topper
Sorry Acheo, i should include that option but you have to choose one of that . We are talking here about most known brands. StuC: My crybaby changes the tone of my Fender Blues Junior being off. I don't understand why i have to mod it, it should be already well constructed, dont you think?

Of those listed, definitely Vox.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by ZZ Topper
I don't understand why i have to mod it, it should be already well constructed, dont you think?

I know exactly what you mean, It was just a surgestion though for a cheap painless solution, its just IMO the 535q would be a prettey decent wah (Like most of the dunlop wahs) If it were wired correctly. Being wired as they are though, its quicker from them to build.
I suppose you could sell on ebay and try out a few more wahs at a store
Archeo Avis; I thought you disagreed with "everything above"?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Sorry greendayguitar, some of you guys will hate me but, i don't appreciate at all most of ibanez products. Sorry for my narrow mind but 80's pussyhair heavymetalers killed that brand in my mind. Still i should have put that one...
^ No problem man. Still go for the vox I think
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Im not talking about Ibanez pedals in general, but the Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah. it's quite the versatile wah wah pedal.

Quote by RadioHead22
I'll tell you this guys so you can understand my situation: Im in Venezuela. You cant buy dollars freely. That means that every single store here (even in Caracas, capital city) sucks. You are lucky if here in CAracas you find an original Crybaby. Even having the money in your hands you can't buy a Gibson Les Paul Sandard because you won't find it. Even if your are lucky enough to find quality products at stores, they will surely be treasured in cristal boxes and the sellers won't let you try them unless you already paid for one of them. So... Does any of you have some cheese for this whine? hehehe
S.o.l.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by StuC
I know exactly what you mean, It was just a surgestion though for a cheap painless solution, its just IMO the 535q would be a prettey decent wah (Like most of the dunlop wahs) If it were wired correctly. Being wired as they are though, its quicker from them to build.
I suppose you could sell on ebay and try out a few more wahs at a store
Archeo Avis; I thought you disagreed with "everything above"?

I could have sworn I said "Out of those listed"
^ Forget it
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Someone has sand in his vagina
^
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by StuC
^

I had to say it. I watched that episode on South Park recently.