ok guys i have just started music college and i think its time for another guitar, im tryin to keep it cheap at the minute,

i love my ibanez i have already so im lookin for the same sorta thing witha few differences really,

firstly im lookin for an ibanez with a hardtail, i figured for college i cant be arsed to f*ck around witha floyd

secondly an original wizard neck (if possible)

thirdy, seein as im losin the floyd a might aswell make this guitar mahogany for the extra sustain

and lastly its gotta be fairly cheap, meanin under 400 quid roughly

any ideas are aprecciated, maybe if you can suggest some jacksons maybe good aswell, i played one the other day and the neck was quite nice too, just not as flat as the one on my RG

cheers

edit: forgot 2 add an all access neck joint would be nice too....
Last edited by nofxnofxnofx at Sep 15, 2006,
You can get a guitar like that, but for 400 pounds it's gonna be hard.

For that price, it's usually Bolt-ons.

I know Ibanez' SA series have set-neck guitars with no heel, so it's easy to get to the high frets. The thing is, they have classic trems, rather than hardtails, but if you don't use it, it'll stay in tune.
You can try out the Ibanez RG321. It's got Jumbo Frets though, that's the only downside.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by sashki
You can get a guitar like that, but for 400 pounds it's gonna be hard.

For that price, it's usually Bolt-ons.

I know Ibanez' SA series have set-neck guitars with no heel, so it's easy to get to the high frets. The thing is, they have classic trems, rather than hardtails, but if you don't use it, it'll stay in tune.

i played an ibanez SA the other day, which was niiiiice, but i couldnt really hear it as i was playing it unplugged, do the vintage trems suck sustains as bad as floyd roses or are they alrite?

im not lookin for a set neck so much, just one of them easy access joints cos my guitar at the minute is a rite f*cker to reach the high frets with!
Which musical college are you going to? (If you don't want to reveal just disregard this post)
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws
Which musical college are you going to? (If you don't want to reveal just disregard this post)

its not so much a music college, just doin a music course at college, which is in colchester, in england

i just dont really feel like takin my guitar in cos sometimes lockers get broken into and stuff, and i have spend so much money gettin my current guitar nice, it would piss me off so much if it was stolen, which is why im only lookin for a cheap guitar, so im not gonna cry like a f*ckin baby if it gets taken
There's no mahogany stoptail with the original Wizard that I can think of (not even in history). However, as said, RG321 will suit your needs completely if you don't mind those spare two millimeters on the neck. With 400 quid, you should have enough leftover for pickups and locking tuners.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
There's no mahogany stoptail with the original Wizard that I can think of (not even in history). However, as said, RG321 will suit your needs completely if you don't mind those spare two millimeters on the neck. With 400 quid, you should have enough leftover for pickups and locking tuners.

i have heard plenty of good things about that guitar, i was also loking at the SZ320MH anyone have any opoinions on it? its under 300 quid which is all good
SZ is quite the great instrument, however the neck is finished, and it's thicker than Wizard II by (I believe) a millimeter - might not be to your taste if you're into thinnest fastest necks. It's also somewhat heavier and has a shorter scale than RG.

Edit: just noticed, sweet RG you got there! which year?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Last edited by pifty at Sep 15, 2006,
not actually sure what year it is to be honest! the serial is F141116 if that helps! i have a feeling its early 90's though, such a beautiful neck on it and i just had the frets re-done! at least someone can aprecciate why i dont wanna take it to college!
A '91, just like my 570. Quite awesome, I've been looking for a 565 for god knows how long.

Well, if you're a fan of RG, the 321 is just begging you to take it home. I had one, and it was the best thing three hundred dollars can buy, thanks to satin neck, AANJ, and string-thru. It could definitely benefit from pickups and locking tuners (like mostly any stoptail, really), yet it has an overall feel that's anything but cheap.
^ thats what i like 2 hear! i love the sound of my 565, the warpig and dimarzio (not sure which model) give this sort of acoustic sound together on the clean channel! lovely sounding! cant wait til my dsl arrives!

only bad point with it is the neck joint, nothing too major though, glad too see the 321 has the all access joint!

which tuner upgrade would your suggest then?
I'd go for Sperzels or Schallers - I prefer a thumbscrew for string locking. Just ordered a set of Sperzels for my AX, I'll see how that goes.
Ibanez RG321MH as everyone else has said its mahogany, hardtail, but its a wizard II neck but thats the only thing differing it from your specs
Hi, I would recomend a Maverick Chaos 1 or 2, there both about £350, the action is great on them and i would highly recommend it, i have gibson les paul, a fender american deluxe strat and a maverick chaos 1 i find that the Maverick is extremley good for its money, and better than any of the jacksons u will find.