Which is better in your opinion? ProCo's RAT 2 or the Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion. Why?

CL
Gruntled is a word
RHCP/hendrix/blues/rock/metal
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
if you go onto the boss website you can see how all the pedals balance out in levels of crunch, warmness, fuzz, etc in comparison to the other boss pedalss if that helps?
Quote by ch715dallat
if you go onto the boss website you can see how all the pedals balance out in levels of crunch, warmness, fuzz, etc in comparison to the other boss pedalss if that helps?

can you give me a link?
ive never seen that on their site anywhere
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I like the RAT2 it doesn't do metal very well (that okay I don't really play it), but thats just me.

Remember all posts here are mearly opinions and none are more "true" than the other. My advise is to go down to a guitar shop and put a RAT and a Boss side by sie (as well as some other distortion pedals maybe) and see which one YOU like the sound of best.
Ibanez Talman (w/ P-90s) & Fender Jaguar (w/Phat Cats)>Tu-2>RAT2>GE7>Phase 90>Volume>RE-20 Space Echo>Behringer A/B box>Vox AC30 CCH>Marshall 1960 cab

http://profile.myspace.com/secondtempo
i have the DS-2 and it just cant cover metal.......not enough sustain, low end or gain to do it well. Lighter stuff like rock, blues etc it works for, oh and i havent tried the Rat
Boss pedals suck for the most part. Proco FTW.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.