I'm getting a few pedals and a half stack in a week or so, and I need to know the best way to daisy chain the pedals to get the best tone from the set up.

Here's basically what it boils down to:
Wah, Overdrive, Digital delay, compressor, noise gate and an eq pedal all running into a 120 tube head and 4x12 cab.

Thanks for any help and or suggestions.
What half stack are you getting?

And do you really need a compressor, noise gate and EQ? Buy those later on if you're not happy with the sound of your new amp, don't but right away.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by sashki
Wah's go at the front of the chain (closer to the guitar)

Modelation effects (delays, choruses) go at the end (closer to the amp)

EQ's are good right before the overdrive.

I've always prefered to put the EQ after the overdrive (or even in the effects loop)
I find it gives you better control over your tone.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by R_H_C_P
What half stack are you getting?

And do you really need a compressor, noise gate and EQ? Buy those later on if you're not happy with the sound of your new amp, don't but right away.

I'm getting the Peavey 6505 Plus head and cab. Honestly, I don't really need any of the pedals persay, but I've never had a decent amp, and I have some cash to spend so I figured I'd get a head start on things. I also have to figure out how to set the bias setting on that amp to get a good clean tone from it.
Quote by Ibanezsabb
I'm getting the Peavey 6505 Plus head and cab. Honestly, I don't really need any of the pedals persay, but I've never had a decent amp, and I have some cash to spend so I figured I'd get a head start on things. I also have to figure out how to set the bias setting on that amp to get a good clean tone from it.

Hold off on the pedals for now. Play with the amp for a while, decide exactly what you need to go with it, and then go on a kick ass buying spree.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^Wise words.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30