i was wonderin what amp would be closest to an ac30 in sound, for recording and gigs, for maybe 400 euro at the most. i was thinkin about a 50 watt vox valvetronix but i want to see if there are any alternatives out there. any help would be most appreciated
there are doors that open
there are doors that dont

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Check out the fender Pro junior (365 euros) or the Laney VC15 (370 euros).
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
LANEY VC30! Amazing amps, they really are, the cleans aren't quite as nice, but the overdrive, heavenly.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^-2, +3
Don't be afraid to care"

Oh yea, how're the pickups in your '62 RI? (Are they '57/62 ones?)
Don't be afraid to care"

^ Awesome.. Neck pickup is all smooth and makes you want to play chords forever, and the neck pickup wants you to play funk on it all day untill your so funked up james brown would be humping your legs.
Niiiiice, I keep debating with my self if I should get new pickups, 'coz I know I can get a slightly better sound, and a thicker sound from the bridge pickup, but I'm realy happy with them at the moment, I'm gonna' keep them for longer.
Don't be afraid to care"

to be honest, i think unless you have a REALLY **** guitar then taking the pickups out is like buying a ferrari and putting a porsche engine in it - completelely ruins the character of the guitar... unless you need mega high output (which im guessing you dont) i wouldnt bother tbh.
^Good point, guess I'll just be happy with it! *Smiles*
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah not much will get you an AC30ish sound for 400 euros...

Laney's are nice, as are Blues Jrs...
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
The Orange Crush 30R has a nice AC30 style tone to it. It's solid state though but very well priced and cool looking. The Laney VC-30 is your best bet though. If I had the money I'd get one as it is a cheaper alternative to an AC30 (The one 112 is available in the UK for about £330 and the 2 speaker model is about £380) I don't know how well these will convert into Euros, so maybe get a Valvetronix.