hi, Id like an advise for a tube amp under 1000 euros.

I play this kinda stuff:
Audioslave (fav band. Period.)
Rage Against the Machine
Evanescence
Iron Maiden
Guns n Roses

seeing as Tom Morello used (or still uses Im not sure really) a JCM 800 amp and Iron Maidens used those too, I figured I might get a JCM 800 combo for about 500 euros.

any thoughts? I appreciate your input!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
all those bar evanescence are a marshally tone- so you'd have to decide, is it worth compromising the stuff you play most, for one band you rarely play?

if not, look into some marshalls, or similar brands (splawn, koch, etc.). if you need the evanescence tones too... it's going to be a compromise. maybe an engl savage or koch powertone?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by StevieRamone
I beielve 1000 Euros is like 2000 CDN? Buy A diezel head. ANd a cheap speaker.

Why spend all your cash on a great amp head and then ruin it with a cheap speaker??

Definately some kind of Marshall. JCM900s are great.
Evanescence isnt the band I play the most. Id be willing to sacrifice some of the 'signature tone' (hope you know what I mean by that...) of Evanescence but there can be NO compromises on Audioslave, none on Rage, and no on Maiden. Preferably none on GnR too but damnit I want to play The Worm by Slave and the Trooper by Maiden and know its 100% awesome!

thank you for your help guys I appreciate it all.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
^ go with a marshall/amp similar to marshall then. you might have quite a bit of compromise with the evanescence tones, though...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The JCM800 is a great amp, but it has such a distinctive roar that I'd be inclined to try one of the 900s for something other than Rage.
no
JSX maybe? That's really the only good amp I've played though, so that's all i can reccommend.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I say look into a B-52 at combo. Very versitle great sounding all tube amp for a great price. Thats really the only tube amp I have personall experiance with other than a crate Blue Voodoo and I wont go there.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."