With a famous or professional musician to be able to have his (her?) skills, knowledge, techinical abilty, reputation, etc, who, what and why would you choose it?
(Only Bass Players Please )

Jaco Pastorius or Geddy Lee
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Me'Shell Ndegeocello or Jaco Pastorius. I wouldn't want Jaco's life, but the skill and the natural genius of playing would be great. Me"Shell is just a personal idol.
Skill and musical genius defaintely has to be Jaco. That guy was music.

John Myung is pretty great too...
haha
A mix between John Pattitucci, Jaco, Cliff Burton, and John Myung
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I wanna slap like Flea of RHCP...and maybe agressive plucking like Pheonix from LP.
fleas thumb, wootens right hand, sheehans left hand, jaco's musical knowledge, and JPJ's groove
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
If i could pick anyone, Paco de Lucia.

if it has to be a bassist: I'd really want to be myself, because music is about self-expression, not expressing someone else, i am my own bassist and i like it like that.

The only reason i picked Paco, is because ive always wanted to do exactly what he does, have the respect he has, etc etc. It's like when you're growing up you have a list of jobs, one of them is an astronaut (being paco), sure its awesome, but it aint gonna happen, so im going to be myself (as a bassist).
Tony Levin

His work with King Crimson is godly
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Hmmm, I certainly wouldn't want Jaco's reputation, or skill, mainly because its certainly possible that those were the 2 things that led to his eventual death. I'd prefer to be famous through the music I wrote, and not actually me. Like Louis Johnson. Everyone knows his riffs, but not many people (apart from bassists) know who he is or appriciate his work. I think I'd like that.
The knowledge of music in general and theory knowlege of Jaco Pastorious combined with the technique of Les Claypool. Les has awsome technique, but has no idea what he's playing. Jaco's technique is good as well, but his chops are a tad bit sloppy. However, Jaco knows his theory.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by mangablade

if it has to be a bassist: I'd really want to be myself, because music is about self-expression, not expressing someone else, i am my own bassist and i like it like that.

The only reason i picked Paco, is because ive always wanted to do exactly what he does, have the respect he has, etc etc. It's like when you're growing up you have a list of jobs, one of them is an astronaut (being paco), sure its awesome, but it aint gonna happen, so im going to be myself (as a bassist).

I envy your humbleness.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
I'd want Cliff's finger speed, Jaco's ability to play any and every harmonic known to man (and some that aren't), Wooten's groove, I'd want Stu Hamm's sense of melody and pretty much anybody else's timing ability (I still have a slight problem with that)
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Stuart Zender for his mad funk skills. Just listen to the early Jamiroquai albums. mofo can play. Stu Hamms theory knowledge.
As usual I'm torn between the two Kyuss bassists - I'd like Nick Oliveri's passion and style but Scott Reeder's skills.
timmy C's groove and inovation and cliff burtons music theory
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!