I found a Marshall JCM 900 50 watt Hi-Gain Dual Reverb comco at guitar store today. I have been looking for a good tube amp lately and I was wondering if this would suite Blues, Lynyrd Skynyrd kind of stuff, and Iron Maiden-esque metal. It doesn't come with a foot switch and the handel on top is coming loose, I could fix that easily, and it looks old. They only want $600, but the owner is a friend of my old pastor so if I catch him there he'd probably give it to me for $550.. Would it be a good buy?
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Yeah dude totally. Channel pedals are only like $20. It would suit those things quite well.
I was hoping so. I only hope I can get the rest of the money, I only have about $300 right now, before anybody else gets it. Is it kind of like a dsl? I was just wondering because I've heard that it was.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Its a lot like a DSL in a lot of aspects. If I had the choice of a JCM900 and a DSL Id definately choose the JCM900.
i think its on of the few marshalls i would ever buy
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
They are good, but holy mother do the Mk3's piss all over them.

Get it anyway. Ol' skool (sort of) Marshall!
Quote by gator_08_man
no, you can get better amps for 600, with more watts too

your and idiot. 50 watts tube is plenty and 900's are some nice amps. Go spend your $600 on a Marshall MG half stack. It is 100 watts and it is a half stack. That is like 2 times louder and so much cooler.

OK being serious now. Go for the 900. Great amp.
Yea, it'll probably suit you amazingly, try it out!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by jmac72187
your and idiot. 50 watts tube is plenty and 900's are some nice amps.

Especially when you take into account the fact that JCM900 are a mid-range based amp and can cut like a knife on stage.