I have a roland cube, and I'mlooking for a good distortion that'll get me medium gain, somthing like John Frusciante (of course).... anyways, yeah that kinda style. rock/blues. add hendrix in there too.

Im looking to spend up to £75. I'm thinking boss DS-2,muffs (all of them) and a Rat2. the problem is I cant really try them out that easily. what would you guys honestly reccomend? my set up ATM is Telecaster >Vox wah > Boss SD-1. (dist) (delay) > Cube 60

Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Well for Fruscante and Hendrix a fuzz might be a good idea!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
TS-808 Re-issue. It's an OD pedal, but through my two solid state amps, it works as an INCREDIBLE distortion pedal. Yes. It actually gives a nice, Black Label Society tone through my Spider II on the "crunch" channel. It can also simulate some bluesy stuff. However, on a solid state, especially on cheap ones, neither you nor I am going to get solid Frusciante. Sorry dude. You need a tube amp. However, a TS-808 will give you Frusciante/Vaughan once you get a tube amp, and in the mean time, it's still an awesome pedal. Otherwise, fuzz would be a good idea, yes.
will a good ol' DS-2(1?) be good on the Black Panel on the cube?
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
dude i know frusciante uses a DS-2 and sometimes a DS-1. i find that the ds-1 will cover more ranges than the ds-2.or you could try buying a fuzz face like hendrix
I might just get a DS-1 for now then, this is simply because I want some distortion before a delay pedal. Thanks guys..... any more suggestions?
Quote by Robb987123Bass

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
DS-1 or a Big Muff PI, closest thing yo9ull get to a fuzzface if your looking for that kind of sound (even the fuzzface reissues arent cheap)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Go find a Digitech Hotrod

It models a ProCo Rat, DS-1 and an Arbiter Fuzz Face (Hendrix used one) and it does it quite well.

I believe they run $175 CDN, so not all that much more then a Boss. I got mine used for $90 CDN
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Quote by Gabel
Well for Fruscante and Hendrix a fuzz might be a good idea!

+1
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
NEVER EVER RUN A DISTORTION PEDAL THROUGH A ROLAND CUBE!!!!

it's a modeling amp and the distortion would sound very bad, you have so many effects build in in the amp, just try to find a good setting, spend some time on it, but if you want to buy a pedal, you are wasting your money!
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Sam, travel a bit and try a Muff, you know you want to
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30