yeah, so i was attempting to put in my new humbucker when i realized that two of the screws in my pickguard are stripped. now im not to suprised sinse this guitar is out of the 60's but i really have no idea how to get them out. so if anyone knows how to get a stripped screw out please let me know!!! thanks alot
one time when i had a stripped screw and i couldnt get it out what i did what i found some stuff that was like putty but it dried as hard as rock so i molded it onto the head of the screw and then just made a kinda handle outta it. then just waited it to dry then put it to work. worked amazing.
if u have a knife that can cut through it , make an "X" adjacent to the stripped "X"
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
You could try soldering a piece of metal to the top of the screw (a nail would do) then try turning it, this only works sometimes as solder is pretty brittle so it really depends on how tightly the screw is in.

Another way is to heat the screw with a heavy duty soldering iron until the wood around the screw thread burns off, the screw should just fall out after this.

Drilling the screw doesnt reall work all that well, more often than not the screw stays stuck but now has a hole drilled through the middle of it
What I had to do when the screw that held the pick guard on one of my strats was just to wrip the pickguard off then unscrew the screw with a pair of plyers. You can then put in a new screw with a new picguard or still use the old one.

Pick your poison.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by IbanezxXx
if u have a knife that can cut through it , make an "X" adjacent to the stripped "X"

what kind of knife do you have that can cut through metal? have you ever heard of Mohs Hardness Scale? if you did somehow cut the screw, youd end up cutting the same amount out of the knife
a hacksaw edged one, or use a hacksaw but its huge
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ummm pliers maybe? just maybe. or vice grips as well

I would imagine that using pliers wont really work, chances are the screw will be flush so there will be nothing to grip onto.
Well if a screw is flush you know your not gonna get it out with pliers Most of the time the only real option is to burn the sucker out with a heavy duty soldering iron.