Greetings, my dear friends of the almighty guitar!

I'm a (rather) long time reader and that's my 1st post.
So let me briefly introduce myself.

Name's Alex, 21 years old. I was born in Moscow, Russia
but eventually moved to Germany, cause things were getting
hot & heavy in the motherland. It's been six years since
I'm living in Europe and stuff, but that's a whole different story.
Now I'm studying law, so don't you dare to sue my ass.

All things aside, rock 'n' roll spirit flows through my veins,
so I couldn't help it and decided to finally pick an electric
and start some serious thing. So here I am, trying to figure out
what my 1st setup is going to be. Being a Fender guy, the only
real question lies in the amplification area.

After some massive research, I've decided to go for the
VOX Valvetronix amp. And here's why:

• It's simply the best modeling amp out there, which allows
    me to start looking for my future tube sound right away.
  • It has a very decent sound for it's price. Actually, an unbeatable
    sound in it's price range (yes, I physically listened to lots of equipment).
  • It features a very nice real pre-amp tube in a modeling circuit, so
    there's a real tube dynamics and you can hear your mistakes right away,
    which is very good in a long run.

Now here goes the real question.
Which version is better: with one or two speakers?
Loudness is not the factor! We're strictly talking about tone.
I couldn't check the 112 version, cause our local store (which
also happened to be one of the biggest in Europe) doesn't
currently have it.

Is it possible, that the single speaker combos are sort of more
delicate and soft in their sound stage reproduction? Cause that's
what I'm looking for. Think blues and surf, not metal. On the
other hand, if there are no tonal differences between single and
twin combo amps, I'll go for the 212 version, since it has
an FX-Loop, which the smaller version unfortunately lacks.
Extra 100 bucks are not a problem either.

So, once again: do two speakers make the sound a bit harsher
or less softer when compared to a single speaker combo amp?

Each & every explanation and revelation is greatly anticipated!
And thank you very much for reading.

Cheers!
I heard 2 speakers was better then before. But you could get a real nice blues tone outta your vox if you experiment with ur settings. just save 100 and get it.... easy.
Guitars... *drools uncontrollably*
If money doesn't matter, spend 3 or 4 hundred bucks on a Fender Blues Junior, or 500 or so on a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I remember when I was getting my first amp. There's no point in spending over 150 U.S.D. on a solid state amp, unless you're one of those creeps who wants a Line 6 Vetta, or you just like SS metal tones.

SS sucks for blues. You simply CANNOT recreate SRV on a solid state. It just doesn't seem to exist. I've looked. Since I assume you're into that sort of thing, or atleast a Clapton blues, I beg you to try a nice, cheap tube amp. Add a pedal or two, and it will be infinitely better than the amp you're looking at, which is NOT a tube amp really, at all.

Good luck...
I would go for the 212 if I were you. They contain the same speakers as the 112. Same tone, just more power. You will have the power if you ever need it. I think that the modeling will work well for you because you will be able to experiment with many tones until you find what you like and get an ear for tone.

If you want to go for tube, you could though. If power isn't an issue, go for a Blues Junior or Hot Rod Deluxe with a few pedals. The Valvetronix are great amps. You won't have as wide of a range of tones with this though. You will need pedals also.

In my opinion, go for either of the Vox's. They will be better for you as you can experiment a lot and they include effects built into it. They aren't as good as single effects, but you will be able to experiment a lot. I have the small version of the Vox and a tube amp, I still use the Vox a lot though at home. I think that they are great.
Alrighty, thanks a lot for all of your kind suggestions.

Personally, I now think that I'll go for the 2x12 VOX model.
Being practically a beginner, I do want to experiment with
different sounds a lot, so it is a bit to early to settle with just
one tube tone. Besides, I heard that the more the wattage,
the better it is for clean sounds. So the 100W model should
suit me well.

I'll post my experiences with the VOX amp later on.

Cheers!
im not sure how good they are but theres these amps called fender g dec i saw them on musicansfriend.com they sound beautiful if your looking for a blues sound well they have like 20 amp models theres alot of country alot of blues some hard rock and i think 1 metal
check it out.
also the roland cube serious are great great amps
im about to buy a cube 60 myself
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Quote by jmac72187
I would go for the 212 if I were you. They contain the same speakers as the 112. Same tone, just more power. You will have the power if you ever need it. I think that the modeling will work well for you because you will be able to experiment with many tones until you find what you like and get an ear for tone.

If you want to go for tube, you could though. If power isn't an issue, go for a Blues Junior or Hot Rod Deluxe with a few pedals. The Valvetronix are great amps. You won't have as wide of a range of tones with this though. You will need pedals also.

In my opinion, go for either of the Vox's. They will be better for you as you can experiment a lot and they include effects built into it. They aren't as good as single effects, but you will be able to experiment a lot. I have the small version of the Vox and a tube amp, I still use the Vox a lot though at home. I think that they are great.

The Hot Rod Deluxe is PLENTY loud. Not loud enough for Pearl Jam, but you could definitely play for a crowd of people... It is a 60 watt tube amp.