gday guys,
i was wondering wat people ment by finding a good Mexican Made Strat, are there bad ones??
Maybe. Maybe not. I have a good one. Ee-oo-ee-oo-ee-oo.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Yes. For any guitar, any brand, theres always some that just play better than others.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by ShutDown785
Yes. For any guitar, any brand, theres always some that just play better than others.

is this because these day people dont put as much passion (quality) to what they make
Some play and sound noticeably better than others. It seems to me that there are average MIM Strats, and great ones. The great ones can sound and feel close to MIA Strats, especially after a few upgrades.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by striker327
is this because these day people dont put as much passion (quality) to what they make

Passion and quality are the same thing in your dictionary? That's one weird dictionary.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
tokai owns mexicans

they are soo good fender tried to sue but couldnt so just employed tokai to work for their american guitars

tokai so owns, with even half decent pup upgrade
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
^Exactly why. Some people just don't do their job as well as others.

Also, different pieces of wood can affect the sound. If you get a Strat made of really nice alder (or ash, or poplar, etc.) it can sound a lot better than another model of the same guitar that has less quality wood.

For example, two MIM strats. One may sound and feel great, thanks to being made from a particularly resonant piece of alder, while the other may not sound quite as nice because the alder it's made out of isn't quite as good.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by striker327

Maybe. It's hard to make every guitar exactly the same, theres always going to be subtle differences no matter how hard you try.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
I played a few different MIM strats before i got mine and certainly didnt see any "bad" ones and when mine arrived i just gave it a once over as far as making sure the finish and everything looked right which it did and im very happy so i guess i found a good one cuz i love my MIM strat
jap strats are renowned for amazingly good quality as well like well above mex and on par with americans

it would have to prob be from the 80s

R H C P taught me this, he knows like everything, hes also got long hair
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
mabye all MIM strats are the same, mabye someone bought one then was really happy with it and said that its better than some others, and started a roumor
^No. It's not a rumor. I've played ones that are ok, and ones that are absolutely amazing. I haven't played a "bad" one, but I have played average ones.

If I were you, I'd simply try out a few and pick the best sounding one that you can find.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yeh there are a few shoddy ones but i reckon there pretty hard to find nowadays with fender probably going over all there quality **** and also if you had a choice between a japanese fender and a mexican then take the japanese anyday since there way too good to resist