Hey guys, I have an Epiphone SG Special (the black one here, and I have a loose D-string tuning peg that rattles whenever I play the open D or open low E strings. I don't have a screw on the outside of the tuning peg that I can tighten. Any help would be appreciated.
I know it is 2 years later and I am sure you have this fixed by now but in case anyone searching this topic was still pondering this problem, I have a solution for you.

1) Start by unwinding your string on the peg that is "loose". It is rattling because the last time you changed your strings you turned that peg too much in the uniwind direction.

2) Next, take the string off just the tuning peg and turn the peg in the wind direction a few times. maybe play the E A or D strings again to see if the peg rattles. It may rattle but remember you are going to be putting the string back on and winding some more so it might not be too big of a problem.

3) Begin stringing through the peg again.

4) End of rattling and more jamming.
seems like useful information to me. if i had searched and found this thread, it would solve my problems.
Quote by memory_card
1) Start by unwinding your string on the peg that is "loose". It is rattling because the last time you changed your strings you turned that peg too much in the uniwind direction.

How do you turn a peg too much?
Agile AL-3100 CSB, Schecter C1-Plus with SD 59s, Crate V33 Head (modded), Crate 2x12 Cabinet w/ Green Berets, EQD Hoof

Good Traders: jdr94 7PlaGues xXMetal-HeadXx applecakes1207