Friends,

Whenever I try to play fast (fast is around 120 for me on the metronome ) , my pick starts slipping in. Utlimately it so happens that the pick is gone in and my fingers are touching the strings. This only happens if I try to play fast. Why is this happening? Am I not holding it right? Or am I holding it too soft?

I would really appreciate your response on this as I am quite frustrated and am not able to go over 120 on the metronome.

Thanks
Ashish
Where is the pick in your hand to start with? For speed, I hold it so that the tip is poking out less than half a centimetre. I find that to be the best. Other than that, keep a steady (but not overly tense) grip and you should be doing better.
no
It'll happen. Just practice holding the pick harder. Often when one picks fast he/she may begin to gradually lessen the tension on the pick. Dont crush the pick, just practice holding it tighter while playing fast. It'll go away.
when i play fast, i hold the pick with the side of my index finger and my thumb, it works for me... maybe something to try for yourself. other than that, just keep playing and it'll get better.
Quote by White_Devil
get a new pick

I don't think I really want to know what you think that will do.
no
You're tensing up.

Relax a bit man, just chill out and use your arm and wrist for speed picking. For me, when i speed pick it's barely touching the string.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BIG STUBBY'S FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

They have grooves so they don't slip. Fill one groove with super glue, let it dry, sand it smooth and you'll be set for life. I've been using the same pick since sept.9th last year.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Hold the pick with the tip of your thumb, not the whole large pad of your thumb. When you push it against your index finger with the tip of your thumb, you get a stronger, more precise grip on it. If you use the entire upper portion of your thumb to hold it, you will be holding on to the whole top of the pick and you will have a weaker grip on it because it is less concentrated on one area. I also use Jim Dunlop picks, which have a textured top edge, so it helps get a better grip. I hope I helped.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!