I have a problem with making a rythmn to one of my songs or riffs. They all sound the same and I don't have much variation to them. Any advice on that or how to be a little more creative?
Listen to the different styles of music,to adopt different styles of playing.
Tom Morello > Adam

Adam>fax machine

(I'm a cookie in a caked up world)
Listen to progressive music if you dont already and pick up some ideas from that.
just try to shy away from your normal thought process. do things that you wouldnt normal consider doing. i used to have the same problem. all my riffs would be within the same few frets. also, learning a lot of new songs and seeing how other people write really helps.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
I think that might help, thanks a lot!
If people were ants then there would be no cake because there would be no one to reach the batter on the top shelf.
Download a metronome, maybe hearing a beat will help you to a) stick to a beat and b) change note duration.

You can get free metronomes online that you dont need to download too
C
Download a drum machine and create some beats with that using varying tempos. There's no way you can play the same rhythm that way.

http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/download.shtml

That'll start you off.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
I've listened to Tom Morello's style for so long that that's what I play like... the only thing is that my riffs are like cheap immitations of his. So when I try to play something new my style will revert back to his usually. But I hope some of your suggestions will help. Any more? Fell free to post.
If people were ants then there would be no cake because there would be no one to reach the batter on the top shelf.
I heard this somewhere before...

Try writing a solo or riff with only one note. This will help you find different ideas for rhythms.