ok so i play guitar but i want to learn to play somtin cool on bass so i wanted to learn this song... can anyone tell me wat fingers to use for it... and the regular hammer-ons do you pick the note???
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/stu_hamm/moonlight_sonata_ver3_btab.htm
You pretty much use all of them. Try and find a video of him playing it, it'll make more sense then. Good luck.

EDIT: And I just looked at that tab, and I have never seen him play it like that before. I have seen it more like this at the beginning:

G--------------------------------------------
D---------11--14------11--14----11--14
A-----11-----------11----------11-------        etc.
E-----9-------------------------------------

However, his pinky stretches further than mine, and rather than playing "e" (14) on the d string, he plays it the "e" 9th fret on the g string.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
Last edited by Casual Karma at Sep 16, 2006,
Yeah, i went to that page, because I was gonna link that tab to here, but it is the same tab, if only a little more in depth maybe, don't really remember.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.