this exciting scale is one of the best to play with. the theory behind it is like its called whole tones or every two semi tones(frets) up or down. this scale leads itself to key changing very well and a non western vibe. for good examples listen to some early king crimson from the sixties and seveties like larks tongue in aspic. its degrees are root, 2nd, 3rd, flat fifth, flat 6th and flat 7th. so if ever you want to spice your lead use it.
sure here it is
l---------------------------------------5-7-9
l-----------------------------6-8------------
l----------------------6-8--------------------
l--------------5-7-9-------------------------
l---------6-8--------------------------------
l-5-7-9--------------------------------------
my buddy in guitar class came up with a southern rock/ blues scale:

e--------------------------------------10-12-15-
b---------------------------8-10/12--------------
g----------------------7-9-------------------------
d--------------5-7/9------------------------------
a---------5-7--------------------------------------
e-3-5/7--------------------------------------------
Quote by Knives490
my buddy in guitar class came up with a southern rock/ blues scale:

e--------------------------------------10-12-15-
b---------------------------8-10/12--------------
g----------------------7-9-------------------------
d--------------5-7/9------------------------------
a---------5-7--------------------------------------
e-3-5/7--------------------------------------------

You and your buddy are jackasses, that's not a scale. It's more of a broken up G dorian scale. You don't just "come up" with scales
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

I love the whole tone. It would be great to see more musicians use it these days.
And I'm left handed.
Quote by modestmouse9191
You and your buddy are jackasses, that's not a scale. It's more of a broken up G dorian scale. You don't just "come up" with scales

Wow calm down, if you aren't calm, that is

But anyway, if people don't come up with scales, then how did the scales we know come to be?

Example: Eddie Van Halen has his own "EVH scale". It's not an official scale or anything, but it is a vocabulary of notes he likes to use. And that is what a scale is, a vocabulary of ordered notes.
Quote by blu9999
I love the whole tone. It would be great to see more musicians use it these days.

thanx its truely remarkable. also calm down because thats not how we jam.
Wow calm down, if you aren't calm, that is

But anyway, if people don't come up with scales, then how did the scales we know come to be?

Example: Eddie Van Halen has his own "EVH scale". It's not an official scale or anything, but it is a vocabulary of notes he likes to use. And that is what a scale is, a vocabulary of ordered notes.

These scales were made and accepted over time. And if you really break it down scientifically, they all have the same formulas. For example major is W H H W W W H
(W=whole step H=half step). There is an almost infinite number of "scales" that can be made, but to make one, is not to play random notes on a guitar and say "d00d, I just made up a sick scale!" but you should really learn theory, and know what you're doing. If that kid did know what he was doing, he would've known that he was just playing a broken up G mixo scale. Sure, you can make up scales, but there's a high chance that some one else has played the same exact thing before, or what you're playing is already a scale that you actually didn't make.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

yea i didnt like this scale at first but it grew on me. The thing with this scale is you have to have a more spastic/left field type approach when using it- or at least thats how i use it.
Quote by modestmouse9191
These scales were made and accepted over time. And if you really break it down scientifically, they all have the same formulas. For example major is W H H W W W H
(W=whole step H=half step). There is an almost infinite number of "scales" that can be made, but to make one, is not to play random notes on a guitar and say "d00d, I just made up a sick scale!" but you should really learn theory, and know what you're doing. If that kid did know what he was doing, he would've known that he was just playing a broken up G mixo scale. Sure, you can make up scales, but there's a high chance that some one else has played the same exact thing before, or what you're playing is already a scale that you actually didn't make.

calm down, you flipped out on him for no reason. He obviously didnt create it because it has some complex name if you figure it out, or not so complex. EVH made an evh scale, even though i'm sure others played it before him.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by 6DOIT
yea i didnt like this scale at first but it grew on me. The thing with this scale is you have to have a more spastic/left field type approach when using it- or at least thats how i use it.

i agree its more what u make of itand left mind.