I'm thinking about getting a Line 6 TonePort, so me and my buddy can start recording.

One of my friends had one, and I thought it was pretty cool. I didn't really get to fool around with it though.

I know it has some different distortions and effects and stuff on it aswell. Are these any good? I only heard my friend play it on one setting, but it was through his computer speakers.

I looked them up on Musicians Friend and came up with three different models;

Line 6 Blem TonePort UX1 USB Recording/Modeling Interface

Line 6 TonePort UX1 USB Recording/Modeling Interface

Line 6 TonePort UX2 USB Recording/Modeling Interface

I'm thinking about getting the TonePort UX2. Seeing as how it has the most stuff on it. But, it is also the most expensive.

Does anybody have one of these? How do you like it? Is it a good buy?

Any feedback and such would be appreciated.

Thank you.
i was at guitar center, and my good buddy dante who works there told me that the toneport was phantom powered and that it sucked because its not true recording its more like straight recording not a professional sound if i were you id spend about 400 bucks on a 8 track recording package, there your best bet for begiining,a nd to get a good sound.
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
I just do it the simple way... Mic up the amp and head on to Audacity....

I cant afford real recording gear :P
If you have a somewhat new computer, just get a 1/4" - 1/8" adaptor and plug right into the mic in on the computer. Then, just get some recording software. I mic my 2x12 combo with 2 mics and send it to a small mixer then send it to the mic in on the computer. Most recording software has editing and mixing capabilities, so you can add effects, edit tracks, mix, and pretty much everything. If you don't have a computer that's too new, get a sound card (I'm actually selling my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card, don't need it, bought it before I even got a new computer, so it's of no use to me.) With a sound card you can just plug into its input(s) with pretty much anything. Get a Line 6 POD or Behringer V-Amp2 if you don't want to mic you amp or can't mic you amp.

Don't go for a stand alone multi-track unit, recording on your desktop or laptop is a lot better and easier, and you get more freedom with computers.

The Line6 Toneport's aren't that great, I hear the amp simulations are crappy and sound thin/weak.