What's a good ibanez to get. i was thinking RG series or an ice man or something like that. something hardcore
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
my price range in under $1400 canadian with tax. i play punk, funk-rock, rock, some metal, and "nu metal" (which is really just metal). i like distortion but i also like playing without it for contrast. my favorite 3 bands are Red hot chili peppers, Bad Religion and System of a down so i hope that gives you an idea of what i play. i was thinking of getting one around $700-$1000 and putting some kick A*s pickups in it. was thinking EMG 90's (i think that's them)
I shot JR

Quote by Turbo_Man
Well this is good. And so is this and this , but what's your price range and what kind of music do you play?

I have an rg1570. Its good and all, but the paint chips off easily for RGs (or is it just me?) . My unit had uneven frets. Fretbuzz was very bad. The six jcustom ppl must be half asleep whilst inspecting my guitar.

Im not saying that it isnt a good guitar, but i suggest trying out the guitar u want to purchase at the shop where you're buying it (i got mine from another country). At least you know that there wont be any problems with it.
Jem.
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Left_hander_nz
Jem.

yeah, the jem sounds cool in the clean channel, for me and it's awesome for leads and distortion (ask steve vai)
It's actually hard to get a really nice sound out of the JEM without bing able to play like Steve Vai. The Evo bridge is very trebley but the neck is nice. On clean, it can be very 'sharp' sounding, so be prepared...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
good Ibanez? no such thing... Well some of the really high end ones are ok i guess, but yeah...
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
good Ibanez? no such thing... Well some of the really high end ones are ok i guess, but yeah...

Lol yeah right, the RG prestiege series with the Edge Pro trem and prestiege Wizard necks are fantastic guitars
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Just go away, right now, before someone throws a brick at you. Kidding, but don't diss ibanez
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Quote by Drmckool
my price range in under $1400 canadian with tax. i play punk, funk-rock, rock, some metal, and "nu metal" (which is really just metal). i like distortion but i also like playing without it for contrast. my favorite 3 bands are Red hot chili peppers, Bad Religion and System of a down so i hope that gives you an idea of what i play. i was thinking of getting one around $700-$1000 and putting some kick A*s pickups in it. was thinking EMG 90's (i think that's them)

would you like a floating trem? what amp do you mainly use? do you like to change tunings?
i usually use an AVT275x Combo i like dropping my E string to D half the time (Drop D i'm not stupid). and yes a floating trem would be cool
I shot JR

mmmm floating trems usually like to be kept in one tuning so im not too sure about if you really would like a floating trem now
get an rg 1570, add a tremelno to help you with drop-tuning, and switch the pickups- I'd probably go passive, unless you play mostly metal (the emg's are pretty metal, though the single coils are actually quite nice. some people say EMG's sound like crap in basswood, some say they sound good... I don't think I've tried them in basswood...)

that's what I'd do anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Or if you're more daring, get the RGT42DX and swap the trem to an Edge Pro. Hardcore \m/

(Korean made though)
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by azn_guitarist25
or just get the hardtail model with neck thru \m/ \m/

For that i'd definetely choose ESP.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
mmmmm Horizons are fully sexy i love them except for the Horizon III then thats just plain fugly i dont know what ESP were smoking when they made it
Quote by azn_guitarist25
mmmmm Horizons are fully sexy i love them except for the Horizon III then thats just plain fugly i dont know what ESP were smoking when they made it

Heh yeah, same goes here, of all the ESPs i prefer the Horizon looks + M series' features, like reverse headstock and such, totally awesome.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
sz, got it , love it!
my gear=
<ludwig 7 piece set, 6 cymbals>
<dw 3000 double kicks>
<ibanez sz>
<fender stratacoustic>
<yamaha synth>
<godin freeway 4 bass>
<digitech rp80>
<custom 100w tech 21 amp>
<fender frontman 15b amp>
right now the 4 ibanez's that i'm looking at are the RGT42DX, the RGA121, the ic400 and the S47. and i'm going to put in some awsome emg pickups in whichever i chose. and for the record i'm not looking for a beginer guitar or anyhting like that i'm looking for an intermediate/advanced guitar. something that'll be good for a while
I shot JR

Last edited by Drmckool at Sep 16, 2006,
If you like the RG series, get a 1520 or 520.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Drmckool
right now the 4 ibanez's that i'm looking at are the RGT42DX, the RGA121, the ic400 and the S47. and i'm going to put in some awsome emg pickups in whichever i chose. and for the record i'm not looking for a beginer guitar or anyhting like that i'm looking for an intermediate/advanced guitar. something that'll be good for a while

The RGA Prestige definetely smokes every other guitar that you want. 1st and foremost, do you need a trem? coz if you do, then the S470 has a good trem system, the ZR. If you still insist on the RGT42, then in future, or near future perhaps, the trem may fail and if it does, you'd need to get them replaced. The IC400 is also a good deal, but its total preference, do you like how it looks? Do you like how it feels? the playability?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
what about an sz or a s one of the higher ends one might do you good. i have a sz 320 i love it sounds beautiful. they all look alot better than the rg series to me. lol that doesnt really matter how it looks i just like it.
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Try Get an S2075FW. its discontinued but its last years model so you probably could still get it. Its got H-S-H, wizard ii neck and its got a D-tuner which allows you to get a drop d tuning and the low E string.

Oh and its also a prestige so quality is there
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Quote by AustBeginnerAxe
Im looking at the RG series as well but lower end

umm if you mean non prestige say **** it and look at the Washburn X-40 schaller trem is teh pwnage its a great guitar and 24 frets as well but yeh way better trem then on lower ibanez rg guitars
Quote by azn_guitarist25
umm if you mean non prestige say **** it and look at the Washburn X-40 schaller trem is teh pwnage its a great guitar and 24 frets as well but yeh way better trem then on lower ibanez rg guitars

So Washburn X-10, X-12, X-20, X-22 kick the RG170DX?
Quote by AustBeginnerAxe
So Washburn X-10, X-12, X-20, X-22 kick the RG170DX?

not really im saying save more money and buy the X-40 which has a far more reliable trem than the lower class RG's
Quote by azn_guitarist25
not really im saying save more money and buy the X-40 which has a far more reliable trem than the lower class RG's

Spent $850 on a guitar (1st guitar)?
mmmm probably should of had said it was your first guitar. but yeh ibanez rg321mh is good if you can afford it as well but guessing all you need is just a reliable guitar and thats it
I don't think EMG's fit in the rga121 without a slight bit of routing for the square baseplates of the pickups.

also, the rga is quite bright and surprisingly "twangy" for a mahogany guitar, due to the maple bolt on neck, and thick maple top- I dunno if I'd want an 81 in the bridge there, I'd guess an 85 might do a better job in that situation.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Might I suggest an ESP H-400?

Very nice guitar, and seems to fit what you want very well. Plus it already comes with EMGs.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
IC400 for heavy metal
heavy metal
rawr
gungho things too

RGA321F for whatever

S series if you want ZR

YAY! NO BASSWOOD
Quote by azn_guitarist25

Older models...

Used, (eBay is great) RG520/540/550/560/565/570/750/760/770

etc
etc any 5xx and up Nez'
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Older models...

Used, (eBay is great) RG520/540/550/560/565/570/750/760/770

etc
etc any 5xx and up Nez'

not easily found on aussie ebay and due to the rarity and how great these models perform they usually go pretty high once found