My first non combo
JCM800 2203 and Avatar G412

Lots of ports ont he back of the HEad. and theres TWO Holes comming out of the back of the avatar, in a verticle position.

On back of my head theres two Holes that say "loudspeaker output".. then the usual 'footwtich/ effects, di output..etc

I have one speaker100 monster cable..

how to connect this up?

and what safety precautions I should take. How to prevent Head from exploding. And I heard never turn on head w/o cab? This is true right

any help/ideas on hooking up my new gear. helpful
thanks
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
plug one end of your speaker cable into the back of the head. That would be the "louspeaker output." Most people just use the left side. Plug the other end into the cab. I'd say go with the vertical one. It's probably positioned like that to avoid being bumped, thus pulling out the plug, or stripping the input. Not a tough thing to do here. And, whoever you bought this stuff from should've told you all of this.
thanks. its all hooked up

btw-are they supposed to sound this muddy at low volumes? myne sounds muddy and its a legendary amp
haha. I think I need an OD for decent tone right?
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
Quote by zenjirou
thanks. its all hooked up

btw-are they supposed to sound this muddy at low volumes? myne sounds muddy and its a legendary amp
haha. I think I need an OD for decent tone right?

yeah, try some ibanez pedal
turn it up. its a tube amp. it needs and wants to be cranked.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Spend time playing around with the settings. It could take a while and you will tweak it over time, but just like with any other amp, you will find your tone.
oh and if there are two inputs on the back of the cab, they may have different impedance ratings, you need to make sure the impedace on the head and the cab match or youll screw up your head, and yeah it wont sound so great at low volumes, CRANK IT!
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
For god sakes do NOT turn the amp on without connecting to a speaker
Without the load or the speakers, you could (and probably will) blow your transformer
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah