ok ive decided instead of buying a new guitar i think i'll buy new pickups and possibly some effects pedals. does neone have any suggestions, i play metal, like Sabbath and manson.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
EMG's man. they're the way to go for all things metal.
and as for effects..... just get stuff that sounds dark and odd. moogerfooger's are really cool pedals, but also cost quite a pretty penny.
get the Digi tech "metal master" i have it and i love it
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
what amp do you use? whats your budget? what guitar? what effects do you have? wow most of these people joined this year
^ nice. seconded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say get the EMG 81/85 set. I recently installed it and recorded a few songs with them. They're amazing.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
for fuck's sake, would you friggen' n00bs stop recommending stuff when we don't even know what amp, guitar and budget he has?

I give up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
for fuck's sake, would you friggen' n00bs stop recommending stuff when we don't even know what amp, guitar and budget he has?

I give up.

i even know that, is the guy even gonna say what gear he has?
sorry bout that,

i have a BC Rich Warlock guitar (explaining why i want new pickups lol) a bc rich amp, a Peavey rage amp (suprisingly the BC rich has better distortion tone) and i have no pedals yet. is the Krank Distortus Maximus any good?

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
Quote by Dave_Mc

I give up.

Thank you

He might have a horrible guitar and a crappy 10 watt practice amp. Don't jump on EMG's wang and just say that because a lot of metal bands with about 29u45238975983645973275896592346594 bucks worth of gear use them! I know he said what he has, but damn people think before you let lose the the stupid you contain in your head!

Anyway, sorry had to vent , I would get a new amp myself. Guitars come and go, but if you can get a new amp you'll be in da biz! Depending on budget I don't know if you can afford a tube or not BUT Christmas is coming up ! You might try to swing maybe a peavy 5150 combo used off Ebay for X-Mas. If you're dead set on pickups DO NOT get EMG's they will sound like crap through your amp, maybe look into some Swineheads? You can get an X-Bucker for about 75ish I'm pretty sure, I haven't played them but they cost about the same as other big name pickups and are a lot better from what I've heard.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
yeh i would say a new amp as well then maybe pickups as well since you can change them from guitars to guitars also stay away from emg's they aint going to sound decent in your amp
I'd get a new amp first, too. screw the pedals and pickups, for now- assuming your current pickups aren't broken.

what's your budget?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh i forgot to mention it would be nice if they could do jazz fairly good on a clean amp setting, i'm planning on playing in the school jazz band, not very metal i know but it gives me more time to practice my guitar, but the main stipulation is metal.

my budget is like under 300 dollars, and i don't think many pickups are more than that, i just got my amp so i don't plan to by another one soon. but hopefully one of my amps would sound good with EMGs, i've been looking at some Seymour Duncan ones on Music123.com, is the Duncan Distortion any good. i know the talk is that ceramic pickups like the Invader aren't good, but i've got a friend who's got Invaders and they don't sound too bad.

does neone know where i can order EMGs off the internet??? i can't find just the pickups and M123 or Musicians Friend.
Also does it take brain surgery to install pickups or should i take the 2 hour drive to the nearest good music store to have them installed.

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
^ invaders suck, and the distortion is a little better, but not great.

if you're planning on playing metal and jazz, best thing to do is to get a high output metal bridge humbucker, and a more laid back neck pickup.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?